Hate to say it...

Thank-you JWR for saying what I was trying to, and failing miserably. I was talking about the Hidden ones. I apologise for not making myself clearer.
cosmic skiv
Cosmic Skiv's Gallery
Nov 03 at 10:47 AM
*ahem*

Well I do find it annoying Ryan when my gallery gets bumped off the front page by pointless un-seeable updates...
I know it's not a competition or anything, but if I have just bought a fab new cel, then I want to share it with everybody else...and sometimes it is just nice to see your own gallery on the front page (even if it?s just for a while), instead of the same old crap which have no visible updates. I'm sorry you find it so hard to believe.

Anyway thanks for everyone's opinions and inputs.
Ronin
Ronin's Cel Gallery
Nov 03 at 12:53 PM
Updated my gallery with my nicest VHD:B cel to date.
No less then an hour later I'm bumped off.

Of the 6 sites that came after me, 4 had Coming Soons. Only one of them had them visible.

And just b/c I felt like it I scanned the sites that came before me. 5 had the same deal. Should I really gripe? Does it matter who stays up on the front? Well, unless you're a great admirer of VHD cels and prefer them to anything else, no. But if you like viewing cels at all it does.

I don't care if ppl are doing it on purpose. I'm sure they have some reason. But I'm going to ask something though I don't expect a huge compliance.

If you collect cels on this site----- either show us whats coming or understand what it means to be patient------ there is no need to update to advertise that you do indeed have something new to show on the way, while at the same time denying ppl a preview (use a weblog or use the forum)----- it makes "coming soon" redundant if there is NO coming soon to be viewed.

It would be like screening blank film trailers before movies---- what's the point?

Something is either coming soon or it is not. If it is, it is--- post it, let us view it, and appreciate it.

Maybe I'm missing something here but right now all I'm missing is seeing some nice Coming Soons.... insult to injury is getting a viewable VHD cel, which some ppl might be interested in seeing, out of the spotlight for things ppl cannot see. And it kinda sucks when its your gallery, I'll admit.

I hope I'm not being too harsh but when it happens to you it kind of makes you want to speak about it.
Blackmegabyte
BLACK FLAME
Nov 09 at 2:21 AM
I stopped looking at "coming soon" updates because: 1) the generic name never lets you know if it's something you're interested in in the first place. and 2) most of them are hidden so what's the point?

I understand excitement over new cels or the need to keep yourself organized, but really "comming soon" or just plain "hidden" items shouldn't be knocking legitimate viewable updates off the front page.
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Nov 09 at 7:07 AM
I am a guilty of this "coming soon" thing :P and also I hide it (I think I said before somewhere....).

I do this b/c:

- I forget what I bought usually so in order to keep track, I set "coming soon" section (yeah I have been really busy lately and I tend to forget things :P).

- Until I recieve cels, even though I pay, I still feel that I should not post them in public b/c I just do not want to violate against RS rules.

I have tried not to pop up in the front page but for some reason I could not do it (and I am really busy lately so I just gave up after 10 minutes playing with it).
kittens
Kittens' Cel Gallery
Nov 09 at 7:44 AM
Welcome! Login or Register