Hate to say it...

[quote]...or I'll settle for getting one's image printed onto a bed sheet. Or blanket. I'm not picky. XD

Ooo, or a pillow! A body pillow! ^_^ [/quote]

Now I know what to get Leah for Christmas. ^_^
klet
klet's Island of Misfit Cels
Oct 28 at 4:07 AM
I have a coming soon section, but it's not hidden. :x Right now my collection is tiny and most of my cels are in the process of coming to me.
sletia
Crystal Temple
Oct 28 at 6:48 AM
Guys, I really don't mind Coming Soon sections...so don't worry...and even the hidden ones aren't that bad, as I know there is a need to keep your collection as sort of a record of what you have and what to expect...it's just a shame nothing can be done to keep them hidden and from being updated on the front page ? as there really is no need for them to be there - if viewers can?t see anything. But I know for a fact that some people do pretend to update their gallery with hidden items to get on the front page, sad I know, but it does happen. It?s just a shame really, thanks for everyone?s inputs tho.
Ronin
Ronin's Cel Gallery
Oct 28 at 7:22 AM
Hey Ronin,

I have to say I'm completely with you on this one. I'm a very rare updater, so my gallery shows up for about half a second on the front page about 2 or 3 times a year. I care next to nothing about "advertising" my gallery, but I do find the amount of "non" updates pretty darn frustrating on Rubberslug. I wander onto this site every few days and way too often the updated 6 galleries on the front page have not a thing to look at. And pretty disappointingly it's the same galleries over and over again. I've learned to not go to those galleries. I don't know if it's possible to not have the hidden parts of a gallery show up as an update or if it's an option for Rubberslug to add a "personal" section that a collector can use to keep tabs on what's coming and going in their gallery. In the end, it just feels like a misuse of the update function.

Ya got a darn good point. Thanks for bringing it to the general public's attention.

-MeganD.
Edited Nov 01 at 12:24 AM
DBZ SNEEZE
DBZ SNEEZE
Nov 01 at 12:21 AM
I agree as well. I check the updates daily and sometimes several times a day and I swear that there are galleries (one in particular) that is always on the update page. We should start a new poll: Should coming soon sections be allowed? And if the majority say no, I say lets pull'em. I'm tired of missing updates beacuse real updated galleries are being pushed off the page for the coming soon guys. Then when the cels arrive they post them again, which in turn pushes more galleries off the update page, it pisses me off! X_X
mattness78
Nov 01 at 12:59 AM
Welcome! Login or Register