* "Cels that told me they loved me" section
* "Cels that said we should see other cels" section
* "Cels that left me for a matching background" section
* "Cels that I had messy break-ups with" section
* "Cels that I am stalked by" section
* "Cels that I am currently dating" section
* "Cels that treat me like I am a piece of meat" section
* "Cels that left to go to war" section
* "Cels that betrayed me on a Monday, you heard it right. Of all the days, why Monday?" section
* "Cels that owe me money" section
* "Cels about to go on my hit list, if they don't pay up" section
* "Cels that think they're always right" section
* "Cels that think they are better than me" section
* "Cels that tell me that I don't own them" section
* "Cels that tell me time after time that milk does a body good yet they never follow their own advice" section
* "Skinny cels that think that the backgrounds make them look fat" section
Al and Nic
Al & Nic's Cel Carnival
Oct 26 at 7:00 AM
Hahaha thanks for that...really put a smile on my face!

Right time to open my 'Cels that owe me money' section...hahah if only!! ^__^
Ronin
Ronin's Cel Gallery
Oct 26 at 12:16 PM
OK ... I'm not trying to cause trouble in this thread or anything, but ...

Yeah, probably, I will. So, let me just say "sorry" in advance and get it over with.

I am, likely, one of those people who is annoying you guys so horribly, because, yes, I have a coming soon section. And, yes, I update newly won cels into that section as soon as I can. And, yes, that section is hidden.

I do not do this to "grab" space on the front page. I do not do it to draw additional attention to my gallery. I do this because, plain and simple, I have a tiny brain. Yep. I can admit it ... if I don't add new cels into my coming soon section right away, I have a tendency to get busy and forget what is supposed to be coming my way. And, the section is hidden for the same reason --- it is a place for me to keep track of what I have coming in, and that's it.

I recently learned that I can stop the "coming soon" section from showing up on the RS updates page by hiding them, as opposed to protecting them. So, now, I do that, as I can fully understand how it might be irritating to have a bunch of hidden coming soon updates showing up all the time. Sometimes, though, my gallery still shows up on the updates page, even though nothing is listed as being updated. That seems to be something RS does on its own ... and I can't really help that. Or, if there is a way to stop it from doing that, then, please, enlighten me ... for I certainly don't want to be responsible for anyone having a "bad" RS experience. ^_^

I work hard for my cels, too ... just like every other collector on this board, whether they have a hidden coming soon section or not.

Anyhow, for what it's worth ... which is darn little, I expect (LOL) ... I just wanted to add that there really can be legitimate reasons for a person to add cels into a hidden coming soon section. And, they might not be trying to grab more than their fair share of attention by posting cels in there.
tex-chan
Gecko Blue Cels
Oct 27 at 10:06 PM
It really comes down to people wanting to play with their site and participate/share but the way the whole hobby is with cg technology and such, there's less celebrating less often these days.

I think it's considerably rare when people try to get on the home page just to get there. One, it's patently obvious. Two, it's just not worth keeping up with every 6-12 hours. There should -- and will be -- more ways to have fun in the playground.

[quote]
* "Cels that you've had made into a set of sheets so that you CAN actually sleep with them" section.
* "Cels whose relationship with you has been nothing but bad, bad, bad... but your determined you can change their evil ways" section.
* "Cels that you just want to stay friends with" section.
[/quote]

Now **those** are some serious issues. =p
Edited Oct 28 at 1:59 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 28 at 1:57 AM
*raises hand*
Where can I go to get my cels stitched into bed sheets?

...or I'll settle for getting one's image printed onto a bed sheet. Or blanket. I'm not picky. XD

Ooo, or a pillow! A body pillow! ^_^
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Oct 28 at 2:16 AM
Welcome! Login or Register