Official Feature Wishlist

Easy and clear access to the rules of this site. Either a link on the main page that will take you directly to them, or perhaps replace the revolving news (which hasn't been updated in a VERY long time O.o) with revolving rules? I dunno, something.

I'm actually unclear as to where exactly the rules for this site ARE located, so some sort of improvement upon that would be great.

This would prevent newbies from breaking the rules and vetern Rubbersluggers from claiming ignorance everytime they purposely break a RS policy.
wELCOME cONSUMER
wELCOME cONSUMER
Aug 04 at 2:28 PM
About the gallery image thing:

I don't think it is so much as upping the file size limit. I think that what ever script is dynamically generating the HTML, tags gifs differently in the weblog section.

Here, if you view the source, all the gallery images are tagged in the update section(and the forum)
http://www.rubberslug.com/img_show.aspx?ImageID=242905&X=120&Y=50&Section=Gallery

This
happens to all legal file types; gif,jpeg,bmp. I'm guessing the browser knows it's an image, but not what kind and just throws it up...

But for some reason, when generating the HTML for the weblog section, it tags gifs like this:
http://www.rubberslug.com/user/2ca9bb4519574ece813e44f5d5fac2d2/400368-7969632-stars.gif

And
therefore the browser knows what to do with them and displays them properly.

I'm guessing that since the weblogs are a relatively new thing, maybe the code for that section is a little different...

Just my 2 cents ;)
evilgordo
Giant Robo: The Art Collection
Aug 04 at 3:45 PM
Thanks Gordon, but the file size limit is currently 10k. My file is probably 12+k (don't remember and don't care to check). The compression, for whatever reason, happens no matter how big the file is. However, it wouldn't be so bad if the file limit were raised somewhat. My file, as well as some others', is larger than the 10k limit which is why I requested an increase on the limitation.
Edited Aug 06 at 1:26 PM
wELCOME cONSUMER
wELCOME cONSUMER
Aug 06 at 1:25 PM
No problem Toni, just trying to help ^_^

But the 10k limit is not checked and/or enforced by the script. I'm guessing it is a courtesy request to keep the front page lean for quick upload. I just added an 18kb bmp for my gallery image and it went through no problem(don't worry, I changed it back). My animated gif is only 9kb(under the limit), which as I pointed out in the above post, when displayed in the gallery upate section/forum is tagged without a file extention, the browser defaults it to a compressed bmp. This means no animation or transparency for gifs and a serious quality hit for jpegs. So, why do gifs display fine in the weblog section? My guess is that it is more recent code/script that preserves the file extention. At least for gifs. All this happens regardless of file size.

Don't get me wrong, I support the request. I'm just trying to offer alternate troubleshooting methods to facilitate a resolution.
evilgordo
Giant Robo: The Art Collection
Aug 06 at 3:13 PM
Am I mistaken or does the search function not return results for series description text? I have "Battle of the Planets" in the series description for Gatchaman, but searching for Battle of the Planets doesn't bring up my gallery as such. Actually searching for the words "battle of the planets" (not in quotes in the search) doesn't result in any hits. However, searching for the words "battle" and "planet" gets hits for art that has "battle of the planets" in the individual image's text (one of which is in my gallery).

So, I guess I'm requesting two things; that series text be a part of the search, and that whatever is making a search for all the words "battle of the planets" fail while searching for the words "battle" and "planets" brings hits for the phrase "battle of the planets" be repaired.
Ted
Ted's Animation Gallery
Aug 28 at 5:58 PM
Welcome! Login or Register