Let It Out!What bugs you re this hobby?

[quote]A minor bug, so a buglet I guess. I hate it when cels 'disappear' once they're won.[/quote]

I would have to rate that as high on my list. I understand that folks may not want to receive offers on certain cels, but there is no need to hide them. There are certain collectors out there who buy up a particular series and the cels are never seen again. Open a gallery you greedy freak!
blueheaven
Aug 26 at 4:29 PM
I agree but many of these collectors as previously mentioned are blackhole collectors. Some are considerably older, financially well to do, and simply have no desire to share their cel treasures. IMO whenever this happens the greater cel community loses out. It is a pity really since there are so many hidden collections out there... oh wells.
momo
M O M O's cels
Aug 27 at 9:26 PM
yea, that total i gave you, Space Runaway, is what my original 2,200 yen cel would cost with all that commission, handling, shipping, etc. ;_;

It WAS a great deal at the time--before fees! :D

But, I can't wait to see it anyway^^.

Maybe we should create a service that helps us deal and buy cels at a lower cost^^. Then, my cheap cel would stay a cheap one! :D
Edited Aug 28 at 12:38 PM
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Aug 28 at 12:38 PM
whoops! sorry about the bold type^^.
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Aug 28 at 12:39 PM
Yeah, I agree Ginga. The only comfort I have is in knowing that, if I spent a couple hundred yen, the percentage of the comission in terms of cel price drops.

Not that that's much of a consolation.

Unfortunately, it's a 'Catch 22' situation because, what exactly is the alternative? The caliber of cels for sale in the US(especially on E-bay) is not even remotely close to what is featured on Yahoo Japan. So, you either buy your cels on Ebay and not pay the comission or suck it up, buy what you want but get shafted with a high comission rate.

I do agree with the fact that more collectors should have galleries. It would be nice to pay a visit to all those cels that you might have missed out on. Although, most collectors, even those on RS and myself included, do hide items until they arrive.

Oh, and one of my personal peeves is...Don't put a dark background behind a character that is painted in light colors without first placing some kind of barrier so the paint colors don't bleed on the cel! One of the cels I received from the Mandarake BWA had a dark(unmatching) BG that was attached to it. Fortunately, I was able to seperated the BG and cel before any damage had been done..but still...is it a difficult concept to place either rice paper or plastic behind the painted acetate?
Edited Aug 28 at 4:47 PM
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Aug 28 at 4:42 PM
Welcome! Login or Register