Let It Out!What bugs you re this hobby?

I know this is a vent thread and I have some pet peeves of my own, but if you read the requirements that mahoro listed for our mythical inexpensive deputy service, that is a lot of work AND they would have to deal with us...LOL. The standard commission of 10% that most deputies charge I feel is reasonable for the service they provide.

With that said, my biggest pet peeves are the adjusted exchange rates that deputies use. If they are already receiving a commission, why is a lower exchange rate used? I feel the rate used on the day they pay the YJ seller is the rate we as the buyer should pay.

Just my 2 centavos!
GB
The Wandering Student
Jun 21 at 12:49 PM
I know the deputy service i go with has a difference of exchange rate if you pay with credit card by paypal... if you pay with funds in your account or a bank transfer, it doesnt cost as much yen per dollar...

What do i hate about the hobby? When i buy a cel.. through a deputy service... that SAME SELLER posts even better cels the next day... theni buy more.. and end up paying shipping more than once... i wish they would post all of their good cels at once so i can combine shippiing... haha
Iwakuralain16
Dream is Destiny Cel Collection
Jun 21 at 2:49 PM
A minor bug, so a buglet I guess. I hate it when cels 'disappear' once they're won.

Even if it's from series that I don't collect, sometimes I want to know who the lucky owners are so I can oogle it in their new galleries. But often, the new owners (especially Japanese) win the cel and the cel is never seen again. What a shame!
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Jun 21 at 9:32 PM
A minor bug for me as well. I understand if the owner doesn't want to display their cels, but sometimes the best and most sought after cels end up lost and isolated.
majinuub
High Anticipation
Jun 21 at 10:18 PM
Out of all "things" that bothered me the most were:

Rummaging through cels at Mandarake, but realizing that I'm wasting my time since at least a dozen Japanese cel freaks have snatched up all of the best cels already within the first 30 minutes of the shop opening up... but look anyway.

Bidding against friends during auctions. Feeling bad afterwards (temporarily) for winning or losing.

Being sniped at auctions that don't have an automatic carry over or extension.

Lying to my wife about how much money I've spent, which is always too much anyway.

Not seeing the cel I spent quite a penny for in any scene from the anime I lovingly bought it from.

Being told the Hanken I just bought is a copy.

Looking in the past at glorious cels that I couldn't buy, after I spent tons on something I shouldn't have bought in the first place.

Putting up offers, and clearly stating my NFS cels in the ad, and getting offers them anyway, and none for the others =)

Not getting more MOD powers so that I can ZAP anyones post, message, or comments to oblivion in a wink of an eye =)

Having not bought a cel in over a year, and wondering why I can buy stuff now all of a sudden .. like a bottle of champagne =)
Edited Jun 22 at 12:23 AM
E
Jun 21 at 10:43 PM
Welcome! Login or Register