Let It Out!What bugs you re this hobby?

Yann just does not maintain the site anymore and I think he leaves it alone. The guy has other responsibilities and besides it was mainly for him to resell the other cels he did not want for his own immense collection. This is one of your largest closet collectors ever! Yes he posts a small fraction of his collection, but it is so much larger than you can begin to imagine.
momo
M O M O's cels
Jun 18 at 9:12 AM
Cel bargains? That is almost an oxymoron. No offense. :) In this game you must pay to play. If you do not want to, someone else will pay and they will assuredly win. Or these same individuals will trade uber expensive cels or drawings for the desired item. Popular series and/or character designers command a higher price, not only from new collectors but older (w/deep pocket) collectors too.

Good point usamamo, deputy services, what a love hate relationship! I love what they help me do, but I HATE HATE HATE all of the damn fees they charge just to get the fracking thing to me. I wish you could pay a membership fee i.e. platinium, gold, and that would allow a flat fee for the commissions for a given period. Then you just pay for the shipping and wire fees. IMO the commissions is what kills most people, especially for higher priced items.
Edited Jun 18 at 9:18 AM
momo
M O M O's cels
Jun 18 at 9:17 AM
Yeah!
Whats the deal with animanga.

Spyware tends to block it, but seems so popular I took risk to enter.

So much nice cels I sent email to host named 'Yann' & I dont get no reply sadly.

Seems like the biggest online cel company online, but no longer functions.

All messages left are couple years ago I recall...

If the site no longer gets maintain, does that mean all sales are off? (Site practically down then?)

Hard to make cel friends, guess I started too late >.<
mscg
MSCG
Jun 18 at 1:56 PM
I bought a cople cels from Yann a couple years ago and I emailed him, I think, a year ago and I got reply.... SO I think he is still alive but it seems that he quit collecting cels and maintaining the sites.... :( So sad.....

I think you can still buy cels from him though....

I think it is not too late to make friends :) Go to anime beta ^_^ I made so many friends there ^_^
Edited Jun 18 at 2:44 PM
kittens
Kittens' Cel Gallery
Jun 18 at 2:43 PM
Yann does check emails but I know he does not maintain the Animanga site anymore than he updates his gallery. I know I've personally sold him quite a few cels in recent years but he has never added them to his collection. He still collects but he is now a blackhole collector and typically you won't see him here or on other boards.

As for the cel shop he use to operate if you are interested in something listed as available, I'd advise contacting him at one of the alternative emails listed on the Animanga site and not the celshop one. He has different emails for the business/hosting ones if I recall correctly. You can also try contacting him via JAMCL he is on the mailing list and does check, but do apologize to the general community of you do so b/c you are looking just for him and JAMCL was not created for that purpose.

As for not making cel friends, this is a difficult thing to do in general and not b/c you started cel collecting later than some. Cel collecting is highly competitive and people can be extremely secretative. However, considering visiting Anime Beta and other sites. If you need more information, feel free to email me.
momo
M O M O's cels
Jun 18 at 10:00 PM
Welcome! Login or Register