Let It Out!What bugs you re this hobby?

Regarding to my annoying part would be I started cel collecting far too late.
I keep hearing how anime taro had gorgeous cels for so little money in the olden days, If I used my model & ost money on cels back then my collection would be enormous!

Specially its so hard to get hold of 3x3 eyes & slam dunk cel now when they were once really cheap & all seller pump up the price >.<

Last but not least I guess I cant change the fact all seller has a obsession with increasing cel value to what they appreciate, but what bothers me is alot of times they tend to overcharge postage to UK.

Anime museum is very reasonable, EMS $18 as many cel as I want, same with majority of ebay seller charging between $6 -$15.

But enough US website overcharge me $30 minimum fee. Postage does drag me down quite badly when theres risk of custom fees in uk.
mscg
MSCG
Jun 18 at 3:54 AM
Well AM is operated by Steven if I recall correctly and he sold off a good sized amount of ATs inventory. Still lots of ATs cels ended up on AM. As for the pricing it was reasonable absolutely, but at times the selection was like Animangas IMO.
momo
M O M O's cels
Jun 18 at 8:33 AM
IMO if the sole purpose is to view what was once there by leaving sold cels up, I'd prefer a system like the RS shop. At least that way you can view both the sold ones AND the currently available ones separately. Another method is to do what Animanga use to do and that is put the item on hold/pending section and that removes it from the main listing. Otherwise if all you want to do is see what was once available on the net, I simply do a google search for images. After all, if you can't buy it who cares if it came from a specific dealer? It's not like they can reorder the same cel/sequence/character! Once it is gone it is gone. Rarely do I find a seller that sells cels from the same sequence of a specific character. It just does not happen often enough to matter that oh seller/dealer xyz had this cel from this series so there is a chance they have more of the same. Realistically no, the chances are extremely slim, almost to none.
momo
M O M O's cels
Jun 18 at 8:46 AM
There is one thing I am really sad about... I used to go to Animanga where I have met my several cel friends and now it turned to be a spam site..... :( I am very very sad about it.....
kittens
Kittens' Cel Gallery
Jun 18 at 8:51 AM
What bugs me? The first thing that comes to mind is the brutal competition for cels. It is crazy. It is so hard to get a good bargin. Especially when there is that one cel that you want, and so does everybody else ^_^

The other thing is those deputy services. Argh. By the time you add up all the fees and shipping the cheap cel aint so cheap any more (especially once it is all converted to Australian).

I agree with Mahoro, it bugs me also when sites leave up the sold cels. I can understand leaving it there for a week or two, but after that I do not need the reminder thank you very much.

So thats my two cents.
usamamo
Eternal Love
Jun 18 at 9:03 AM
Welcome! Login or Register