New Site Rating Tool

Hello =^.^=! I am really liking the new rating tool =)~! But I have a question about how it works.

In the categories of Ratable Galleries...Does the amount of votes affect if you're placed on the Presentation, Overall, Collection pages? I noticed my Collection score was higher than the top spot, but I haven't had as many votes as most people on that page.

So, I was just wondering if number of votes affects if you get placed on those pages or not, even if your rating is higher than someone who is on there =)~!

Thanx!
Ms. Poe
Ms. Poe
Nov 11 at 1:16 AM
Vote counts will affect it later, but right now the data set is far too small. You know those margins or error you see on TV news polls? Right now, ours would be at least +/- 2 whole points. Also, everyone is just getting their feet wet so the ratings may be over or underinflated for a month or more.

Oh yeah, general request: please don't create a bunch of accounts and try to rate yourself with a bunch of 10s. It's not cool and you may get humorously penalized with *ME* making a bunch of accounts and counter-ballot-stuffing with straight 1s. Trust me, I can make accounts faster than you all. *insert evil laugh*

Everyone likes fun little ratings, but I stress again not to take this too seriously. By no means is it a replacement for visiting a gallery yourself and starting a conversation with the owner. Personally, I'm starting to appreciate people who collect every single possible facet of one title. (yes, even if that show happens to be a certain troublemaking fighting show)

I'm leet. My gallery is ranked near the bottom of all three catagories I think. I stacked my own vote with a few 1s and 2s so I wouldn't hog any space due to people trying to be nice to the admin. =)
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 11 at 2:05 AM
An interesting freature. I am kinda concerned with the part that friends will vote for friends and leave other galleries without a vote. Does that make any sense? To me would be unfair to the others, if you vote for your friends then you should vote for every Gallery that is listed to be rated. Or am I wrong?
Wouldn't it be unfair to the other Gallery owners that people don't vote because they aren't befriended with other RS Members.
For instance lets just take it that a popularity part in the top 10 as it shows on your site, but some of those top 10 popular people sites haven't even gotten a vote yet, doesnt' that seem kinda odd?
I am not here to flame or blame and just would like to know a opinion about that.

Appologies for anything that would upset anybody.

Kata
Kata
Katana's Edge
Nov 11 at 3:57 PM
The solution that first comes to mind: How do we reward people who vote on galleries that have the fewest votes?

There have been some galleries stuck on the "rating requested" page for a few days. The number of galleries who want votes are still far outnumbering the galleries that are getting an ample number of voting visitors.

As of this post, 94 galleries are ratable. Only 23 are past 5 votes, but most that are past 5 votes are well over 5 votes -- 10 or 11 seems to be about the minimum with few exceptions.

My idea was to make people who vote more have more swing in the voting averages, but maybe someone out there has a better idea? If any math majors out there want to give me a lecture in statistics, I'd be a very gracious student.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 11 at 4:50 PM
I like the new ratings system, too bad some people had to try rigging it.

I knew I had no presentation skills, and boy do the ratings confirm it - ouch, giggle.

I have been trying to vote on any gallery that has been on the rating requested page unless it was all DBZ - which I cann't stand. If it was only partially DBZ, was giving ratings for the rest of the collection.
mjwilson
Melissa's Cel Gallery
Nov 11 at 11:42 PM
Welcome! Login or Register