Let It Out!What bugs you re this hobby?

on 2016.11.25

@ Cutiebunny: Completely agree about the collection staff and AX issues. Far too many are untrained and that is due to poor management top down. We stopped attending cons mainly due to this reason. The horrible lottery practice, changing of locations, and inability for management to properly plan adequate accommodations for important guests is utterly asinine. Additionally, it does not help that anime cons are now unbearably commercialized compared to the late 80s and even late 90s. Those were good days when the lines were short and famous mangakas and character designers would gladly visit the USA cons.

About the crappy sketch collectors, wow that is one petty arse collector you described! Definitely reminiscent of the old Animanga flame wars. Sometimes it helps to shake your head and move on. Clearly these individuals lead very sad lives if they focus on complaining how they are wronged by not receiving a better sketch. Life is too short for unnecessary and avoidable drama. Your mileage may vary. Good luck and happy holidays!
momo
M O M O's cels
Nov 25 at 11:17 AM
on 2017.05.03

@ All: Has anyone had good or less than pleasant experiences with the ebay user URBANTREASUREHUNTERJAPAN http://www.ebay.com/usr/urbantreasurehunterjapan ?

For anyone who does not know this seller typically buys from YJA or other online sources and attempts to flip the item, typically with a 300%+ to 800%+ mark up. This is in our humble opinion price gouging. Unfortunately he has some deep funds and often buys up many popular series so if his price gouging practices impact you, rest assured you are not alone.

Kindly share your stories if you've dealt with directly or indirectly urbantreasurehunterjapan.
Edited May 30 at 6:42 PM
momo
M O M O's cels
May 03 at 8:28 PM
I minorly appreciate that they are able to let some cels from more obscure shows/movies just sit online. But it does disappoint me to see what is sold from the high-profile shows. Like "Buyer, you did not have to pay $525 for that Misty and Togepi cel! There was one on Mandarake that went for $110. ;___;"
Edited May 04 at 3:56 AM
aurumastrum
May 03 at 10:31 PM
^ There's always the possibility that the buyer wanted something from that episode rather than just a cel of Misty & Togepi. Though, in this case, it's more likely that the buyer was unaware of what Mandarake is or how/which Japanese auction sites are available. How many people outside Japan bid on YJ/Mandarake compared to E-bay's audience?
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
May 04 at 4:45 AM
If I don't agree with an individual's pricing or selling habits, I don't buy from them. Period. I try to vote with my wallet and not with my mouth. It's the only way to get the point across. If enough people follow suit, sellers will eventually realize that no one is buying their product and will be forced to make a change. Much harder to ignore than online criticism. ;)
Edited May 04 at 6:00 PM
Angelic-Lair
May 04 at 7:09 AM
Welcome! Login or Register