Celga vs. Rinkya

I usually use Celga too, though it is kind of annoying that you cannot snipe, because when I do lose auctions, sometimes they go for only a little more than what my max bid was.

As for Keigo, from what I understand he's the founder of Celga and the main, if not only, guy in Japan. Not likely that he'll be leaving anytime soon.

I've been thinking of trying out SMJ, but everytime I try to register I get a silly error message. When I emailed them, all Nick told me was that it happens to customers a lot and it probably has something to do with my sercurity settings, firewall, or ISP. After turning off my firewall and clearing my cache, still no go, so I pretty much gave up. You'd think that if they'd been having this problem a lot, they'd have fixed it by now.
klet
klet's Island of Misfit Cels
May 31 at 10:51 PM
[quote]Sometimes I wish that someone would set up a selling service. It would be nice to build up some yen for spending... [/quote]

I completely agree with you on that. It would be so nice to make some yen from cels, and sometimes it seems that they will go for a lot more on YJ than they would on Ebay. Maybe that's just me, but it seems that way for the cels I collect.

The fees would be killer though, so we probably wouldn't be making much of a profit, but it's still a really good idea.
SME
SME's Celestial Corner
Jun 01 at 8:26 AM
I agree too! Problem is NONE of the deputy services are even bothering to attempt to test selling cels for their customers on YJP.

Really irritates me since we all KNOW some of us have cels (specifically) that would SELL better in JP. I know for a fact SMJ and Rinkya have no interest in doing it, asked repeatedly, too much trouble is the unofficial "reason".

Honestly, they say they are busy which I am sure they are, but as of now only Mandarake is the only choice for selling your cels to a company and they in turn will make a tidy profit, especially since they don't buy cels that won't sell, they know what is in demand.

Helping to sell items for non-JP residents is something NO ONE has even attempted to try to fill. At the very least one DS could try listing a few high end cels and seeing how well it goes and then, go from there. If I had a contacts in JP, I'd do it myself, but alas, I do not. Damn.
momo
M O M O's cels
Jul 10 at 11:08 PM
Nat, don't know what is so hard about using Rinkya.
http://www.rinkya.com

Now, do you see that WHITE box on the left side? Type in Escaflowne and you'll get a long listing of everything Esca related more or less. Now, see the one that has the word, "cel"? There you go! That was not hard was it? ^_^

Celga searches the same items on YJP, so if anything, if they are "better" it should be for the service they provide. However, if you've read this entire thread or posts on Animanga or AnimeBeta, you'll notice they get VERY mixed reviews, word to the wise, you've been informed.
Edited Jul 10 at 11:21 PM
momo
M O M O's cels
Jul 10 at 11:14 PM
Mahoro, thank's, now I've anderstood rinkya and made an accompt, I've won 2 auctions (a Van movie cel and 3 Doujinshi from Nobuteru Yuki about Heatguy- J...
AND: I'll never use again Rinkya! BECAUSE: the taxes and shipping fee are realy exessive! (15$ + 1$ by 1000yen bided, it's realy mad!)

I'm sorry to tell that, but when I use Celga, I've got not these taxes and shipping fee....
I prefer definetly Celga. ^_~
Esca-fan
Nathalie's Cels
Jul 20 at 7:42 AM
Welcome! Login or Register