53 Items for SALE

Is this the righ forum? Hope so...

Anyways, I have tons of stuff FS/FO in the RS Shop, which exactly, please look in my gallery.

Hmm, yeah... it may have gotten through that I sold many a cel to buy a dog... Now I want a suitable bitch, too XD

And money can never hurt you, can it?
All cels can be seen at my gallery in the FOR SALE section, but please look for them in the community shop.
You can count on free stuff in your mail as I'm doing major cleaning and I give away many things, of value or without.

So I have ever more cels on the RS Shop. There are a few catches though:
1. You'd better pay in USD cash. My Paypal account is bitching around at the moment because some smarties don't accept shipping delays and blame it all on me -__-
2. Saiyuki sketches are in my regular gallery: please inquire if seriously interested and make offers. I have to check if and where I still have them... sorry, my room's a mess.
3. Drunk Onizuki, Ryoko, attacking Zel, Gokudo, Kougaiji, Buurin all have digital BGs which won't be included.

I'm also thinking about offering my entire Saiyuki sketch bulk for $200 alltogether. But seperately is fine.

Also, many a title says "On eBay", but they're not, not anymore. I'm sick of eBay for a while.

Meep^^
Anna
Edited Mar 06 at 3:56 PM
Ore-sama
Money's Grave - Mother's Grief
Mar 06 at 3:56 PM
The whole point of having the community shop is to not have people look into your gallery for "sales categories" All references to "For Sale" in your gallery are off-limits except in your "news" section. Your gallery is locked.
E
Mar 06 at 6:05 PM
Is there some better way to do this? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. Maybe we can prohibit discussion about sale items from member galleries but allowed in a specific forum?

I think we need a few things:

1) A place to contain sale notifications for people who insist on doing so. Maybe a new forum catagory?
2) A sales rule list to be posted on the shop page, which should explain in more details that we won't tolerate any funny stuff resulting from a sale.

Any other suggestions about how we can draw a clear, enforceable separation are welcome below.

I've already gotten several complaints about money dissappearing from people selling things that I simply do not want to deal with for a free site. People are once again getting themselves into trouble and then complaining to me personally about it. I feel bad when someone has a poor experience connected to this site, but we **cannot** go around banning people because they were possibly involved in a bad deal.

Please try to remember that when we seem strict or mean-spirited, 99% of the time it has absolutely nothing to do with the person. It's just to prevent that dreaded "well so-and-so did this so why can't I" defense. It's even more difficult when the person is a long-time member of the site doing something in the gray area... then the member become every rogue's favorite example of how we're supposedly playing favorites. We have no choice but to come down hard. I hope you all believe us, seriously. We like you folks an awful lot.

In the meantime, Ore-sama, I suggest you talk to E about this to get things cleared up. I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement. To everyone else: please refrain from this type of thing until we have somewhere to put it. Add your comments below.
Edited Mar 06 at 9:10 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Mar 06 at 9:03 PM
Jason & E.

To me the place to let people know about what you have posted in the community shop is in your weblog. I have seen numerous posts by members that cels were up in the shop as well as ebay there.

While it may have seemed to be a good idea to setup the shop it may as you are finding has unintended problems. There are not the safeguards such as feedback and mediation between buyer & seller that Ebay or YJ have so when things do not go smoothly they are expecting you or the mod's to make it right.
Since you are not charging fees to transact in the shop it is not your responcibility. I am sure if you continue to get bombarded with problems you will most likely end up closing the shop.

As to Anna's post I see several mistake she made #1 the thread title #2 having a 4 sale section on her gallery and an on ebay section. While she made these mistakes at least she did post those cels for sale in the shop and not just selling off the gallery which is a banning offence. Her post is simular to other threads annoucing that a gallery was closing and all cels are up for sale or that a member was having a money problem and needed to sell off items. There have even been annoucements that offers were being taken for cels. To my knowlege these did not spark the same reaction.

It is my opinion that the weblog is the place for these annoncements. I am not sure if putting a section on your gallery titled In the community shop is a good idea it would be better in the news section. I am not sure if the weblog section can be set up so posts stay out front longer. Maybe a click on like the forum that brings up the last 30 entries. If there are a lot of posts your weblog stays visible only a few hours.

Joe
JWR
Ryan's Gallery
Mar 07 at 12:15 AM
edit: hit post once posted message twice?
Sorry.
Edited Mar 07 at 12:33 AM
JWR
Ryan's Gallery
Mar 07 at 12:15 AM
Welcome! Login or Register