Genga/Douga or Cels? Which do you prefer

Woot. Which do you prefer? Getting Genga/Douga sketches of CGed anime, or Cels from 'traditional' anime? (Which sometimes come with a single sketch...)
Personally, I prefer genga and douga..for you usual have the opportunity to buy entire cuts for as much as you would pay for a single cel, and they don?t require the care cels do, and because they are not painted, you don't have to worry about the paint fading/chipping. weeee..! so, yesh...
PegasusxCroquet
Pegasus' Sanctuary
Aug 26 at 8:26 PM
I definitely prefer cels. "oooo.. lookit all the pretty colors!"

What can I say? I've seen a couple of sketches from Saiyuki that I like, but I still prefer the full painted versions, even if it's a reproduction like Reliezu. I feel it captures the emotions of the character better, whereas the sketches seem to capture the emotions of the artist instead. ...but what do I know...

oh look, another pretty cel...!

(am I out of money AGAIN?)

mumble...gotta get a real job...mumble
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Aug 27 at 2:37 AM
It's kind of like Cinepak vs Truemotion FMV (obscure Sega Saturn reference)...

...large and whole, I prefer cels over genga and douga. However, the best looking genga and douga win out over mediocre or lower quality cels, hands down. So I guess it just depends on taste...heh, like everything else in life :)
Startyde
The Startyde
Aug 27 at 2:52 AM
Personally, I like cels. But it seems like I can get better quality genga for less than its matching cel. Some of the genga I got for $20-30 would be more than $200 cels, I think.
Waffles
Daisuki Cels
Aug 27 at 3:20 PM
If cels are available I'll take them, if not I'll take the gengas.
I think some genga sets I've gotten are pretty and colorful and have a certain attraction all their own. And some single dougas I've gotten are a veritable rainbow of colors and emotional content.
I can't say which ones I prefer, I love them all.
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Aug 27 at 5:10 PM
Welcome! Login or Register