Introduce Yourself.

Feel free to add or omit catagories wherever you deem necessary. Paging feature coming soon. I will attempt to make this post the master catagory list so fee free to copy-paste from here. Cheers.

[color=#cccc00]9-12-06 Time for my yearly about myself update.[/color]

Name: Jason. Noisywalrus was a name I picked in high school to play pickup games of Warcraft 2 while skipping class. The name is a cross between an old Java virus that was called "noisybear" and the Beatles song. (http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=JAVA_NOISYBEAR&VSect=T)

Function:
Administrator and (mostly) creator of this site.

Catchphrase: "It's a known issue." or "I'm working on it."

Favorite Anime Quote: "Dodge!" -- Misato Katsuragi to Shinji Ikari, episode 2.

Favorite anime people know: Escaflowne. Cowboy Bebop. Maison Ikkoku. Grave of the Fireflies. [color=#CCCC00]Gunbuster 2 (just the art). School Rumble (more inspired than it pretends to be). Honey and Clover (it's like a weird john hughes film made into an anime).[/color]

Favorite anime people might not know: The Cockpit. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.

Favorite anime studio: Production IG, mostly because of the groundbreaking Ghost in the Shell TV work.

Favorite artist/creative person in anime/manga: Satoshi Kon. Rumiko Takahashi. (Yes, I just cheated.)

Least Favorite Anime: Virgin Fleet. Final Fantasy. A bunch of shows I remember the plot to but not the name.

Cosplay: No.

Conventions attended: AX, Otakon. Not since 2001. [color=#cccc00]AX2005.[/color]

Seen fansubs on VHS: Yes.

When I'm not watching anime: I'm... hmmm.... not that interesting. I guess I'm a computer programmer. Sometimes I'm a graphic designer. [color=#cccc00]I'm sort of a musician.[/color]

What I really wanted to do: [color=#cccc00]Not sure.[/color]

What did you have for breakfast: [color=#cccc00]Some sort of omelet from IHOP, just now.[/color]

Can you rollerskate backwards: No.

Musical instrument(s): Decent pianist. Amateur with a violin. Downright horrible with a harmonica. (I can play the radio.)

Last good book you read: [color=#cccc00]\\The Turk\\, about a chess-playing machine from the 1800s.[/color]

Favorite Book Quote: None.

Favorite Magazines and/or Comics: (I felt bad about being illiterate.) Foreign Policy, The Economist, Print, Calvin and Hobbes

Favorite rhythm game: Drum Mania. I stink at DDR. color=#cccc00]Guitar Hero is pretty snazz too.[/color]

Favorite live-action movies: [color=#cccc00]Lots, but recently: Crying Fist, Brick, Il Mare. All of those stuck really well.[/color]

Which team do you support: I know I'm supposed to name a football club here (soccer for us Americans), but I'll cop out and name a basketball team instead. Houston Rockets.

What do you look like: I'm Asian. I don't look Filipino.

[6-17-04]

Ever owned an 8-track player: I have a machine that can take 8-track tapes, but I'm not old enough to have purchased an actual tape.

Travelled more than six time zones away from home: Only twice. Western Europe and Japan.

If money were not a problem, I'd live here: I kinda like it in Austin. Maybe by the SF bay area. Maybe Canada. I hear Australia's nice.

True love, absolute power, or lots of cash (no "money-buys-me-power" answers): [color=#cccc00]Nevermind, I'll just take the money.[/color]

Broken bones: Never.

Beer, hard liquor, cocktails, or non-drinker: Beer. Liquor dries me out too much.

Age you discovered that you probably don't want to be eating hot dogs: About 13 or 14.

Number of jigsaw puzzles you've completed, lifetime: Only about a dozen.

[6-18-04]

music: [color=#cccc00]everything, but nothing in particular. acoustic lo-fi pop music is nice. i'll take anything as long as it's displays reasonable musical talent.[/color]

odd or even: irrational. oh, how i love math humor.

first anime ever: probably voltron.

goal in life as a teenager: change world. this question becomes exponentially funnier the older you get i think.

[color=#cccc00]goal in life now: find lost penpal.[/color]

favorite game: [color=#cccc00]anything co-op or story driven. I'm tired of playing games against other people.[/color]

favorite constant: planck's constant (6.63*10^-34)

broken hearts, inflicted or sustained: [color=#cccc00]depends on how you count.[/color]

ice cream: mint chocolate chip

[color=#cccc00]Feel free to make up more questions.[/color]
Edited Sep 12 at 2:09 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 15 at 4:37 PM
Name: James. Cyphr99 was a handle created because I couldn't get cyphr at my old ISP back in 1999. Cyphr is a misspelling of the name of the Fallen Dark Angel character Cypher from Warhammer 40000.

Function: Helpdesk monkey/Student. I'm a CSI(Computer ScIence, the I is from Science because all degree programs need 3 letters at my school) major...

Catchphrase: "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. That's the only way to be sure...", "I like pork!"

Favorite anime people know: Rurouni Kenshin, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, R.O.D the TV

Favorite anime people might not know: Blue Gender, Boogiepop Phantom, Tsukikage Ran, Dominion Tank Police

Favorite artist/creative person in anime: Masamune Shirow

Conventions attended: NDK 2003

Seen fansubs on VHS: Yes, I believe my first was Riding Bean...

When I'm not watching anime: I enjoy building models. I have around 400 Warhammer 40k figures that are in various stages of being assembled and painted.

I recently started my first garage kit. Hopefully, I'll have a figure of Gally that is worth showing off in a month or so...

What I really wanted to do: I want to deal with software requirements and testing plans once I graduate.

What did you have for breakfast: 2 Donuts and a Vanilla Coke...

Can you rollerskate backwards: No.

Musical instrument(s): I have no musical talent to speak of...

Last good book you read: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. I thought about this book a lot as I was watching Battle Athletes...

Favorite rhythm game: I hate those dancing games. I'd have to say that my current favorite arcade game is Garou: Mark of the Wolves...

What do you look like: There is no photographic evidence of my existence on the Internet... I?m your average whiteboy?

What is your favorite animation studio? For cels, I'd have to say AIC. For CG, it's a toss-up between Production IG and Gonzo...

ADDITIONAL ANSWERS:

Ever owned an 8-track player: no

Traveled more than six time zones away from home: Yes, I was stationed in South Korea for a year and I went on vacation to Germany a few years back. I'm planning on going to Japan for a couple of years once I graduate...

If money were not a problem, I'd live here: I'd go back home to California. Colorado's nice, but I miss the ocean...

True love, absolute power, or lots of cash (no "money-buys-me-power" answers): True Love

Broken bones: Never.

Beer, hard liquor, cocktails, or non-drinker: Not really a drinker since the last Ministry concert I went to. It sucks when you manage to create projectiles from your stomach for 3 hours. I have been known to enjoy Crown and Cokes...

Age you discovered that you probably don't want to be eating hot dogs: What's wrong with hot dogs?

Number of jigsaw puzzles you've completed, lifetime: I don't know...

Favorite Anime Quote: "GRRRR!" The Colonel in the Orion dub of Akira.

Least Favorite Anime: M.D. Geist. I want that hour of my life back...

Favorite live-action movies:
Top 10 in no particular order...

1) The Thing
2) Aliens
3) The Goonies
4) The Killer
5) Evil Dead II
6) Hero(Ying xiong )
7) Battle Royale
8) American Werewolf in London
9) Twin Warriors (Tai-Chi Master)
10) Iron Monkey

Which team do you support: Oakland Athletics

PERSONALITY WAR ESCALATIONS:

Who is/are your favorite musical artist(s)? I listen to a lot of stuff. My favorites include Ministry, Vanessa Mae, KMFDM, System of a Down, Tool?

Odd or even? Even

The first anime you saw on TV was: Starblazers, not that I knew it was Japanese back then?
Edited Jun 17 at 7:15 PM
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Jun 15 at 7:50 PM
Last good book you read: "Against All Enemies", by Richard Clarke. Great book, must read.

For everything else you can go to my "About" page, that's why it's there:

http://e.rubberslug.com/gallery/about.asp
Edited Jun 17 at 6:25 PM
E
Jun 15 at 9:14 PM
Name: Chrissy. Waffles is a name I used to use on Invader ZIM message boards. I came up with it to be a temporary name just because I thought it sounded stupid.

Function: ... User.

Catchphrase: "Cels are the only reason I ever got a job."

Favorite anime people know: FLCL. Naruto. Inuyasha. Fruits Basket. Slayers.

Favorite anime people might not know: None. I'm mainstream as all diddly.

Favorite artist/creative person in anime: 0_0 huh?

Cosplay: Yep.

Conventions attended: Ikasucon 2003, Sugoicon 2003

Seen fansubs on VHS: ... No.

When I'm not watching anime: I'm on the Internet.

What I really wanted to do: Creating some thing or another that would make people worship me.

What did you have for breakfast: Sleep.

Can you rollerskate backwards: Maybe ice skate.

Musical instrument(s): Was forced to play piano for 8 years and willfully never learned anything.

Last good book you read: They make me read crappy books.

Favorite rhythm game: er... Um Jammer Lammy?

What do you look like: Short, dishelveled, and pale.
Waffles
Daisuki Cels
Jun 15 at 9:54 PM
Name: Stuart/monkeyboy is a nickname for Son Goku.
Function: take wet clay press into a hand made plaster tile molds, take out fire in a kiln once (bisque), take out glaze tile fire in kiln, sell. --And repeat over, and over.
Catchphrase: "outsourcing."
Favorite anime people know: DBZ. Cowboy Bebop. Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Berserk.
Favorite anime people might not know: Kino's Journey, Zone of the Enders, Now and Then, Here and There.
Favorite artist/creative person in anime: Satoh Masaki.
Conventions attended: none
Seen fansubs on VHS: Yes been a while.
When I'm not watching anime: working in the yard, reading.
What I really wanted to do: Be relaxing on a beach reading and living off my well invested money!
What did you have for breakfast: toast.
Can you rollerskate backwards: yes, but not in a few years.
Musical instrument(s): none
Last good book you read: Anne Rice Blackwood Farm.
Favorite rhythm game: none.
What do you look like: We had a member photo album on Beta once, I don't remember the URL. >_<
6/23/04
Favorite live-action movies: Kill Bill 1, LOTR all 3, Lawrence of Arabia, Kung Pow- Enter the Fist, Princess Bride
Which team do you support: I'm not a "supporter" ^_~
Ever owned an 8-track player: yeah, it was in my first car.
Traveled more than six time zones away from home: No. I don't think it was six, but I went through the Panama Canal from California to San Juan Puerto Rico on a cruise ship. The best vacation I've ever been on! Most expensive too thanks to my bar tab! lol
True love, absolute power, or lots of cash (no "money-buys-me-power" answers): Monty, "I'll take the cash" any day.
Broken bones: wrist, see when you skate backwards it has its problems.
Beer, hard liquor, cocktails, or non-drinker: vodka and cranberry (Cape Cod)
Age you discovered that you probably don't want to be eating hot dogs: still counting. Mmmm corn dogs at Disneyland!!
Number of jigsaw puzzles you've completed, lifetime: a few
First anime ever: Speed Racer in re-runs, or was it Gigantor?
Goal in life as a teenager: to be an architect and build great homes. Damn calculus!
Ice cream: 31 flavors Strawberry Cheesecake, Coffee or Mocha Almond Fudge.
Edited Jun 23 at 11:14 AM
monkeyboy
Jun 16 at 12:10 AM
Welcome! Login or Register