I just want to say Happy New Year! I donate to this site because it (RS) gives me pleasure and I'm sure nobody is living large on the bit I send in.
And speaking as someone who hails from the Garden State... I know you meant it in the kindest possible way.
Have a great New Year Jason you've earned it.
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Jan 02 at 8:11 PM
birdie if u donate then where is your sponsorship? Or did you not give enough to be appreciated? I am still waiting on a page tracing the financing, until then this all smells like a scheme for a way for a guy a with a server to make $. Pass it off as a free site...when everyone has a gallery up take site down, put it up and threaten to take it down if you dont pay.

P.S. to the idiot whoa sked when is the last time that i donated to a good cause. Since when is rubberslug a good cause. If u think this is a good cause then you are stupid. Hungry and dying people around the world and you waste your money to donate to a site??? Pitiful.
Staplez
Fine Touch Gallery
Jan 02 at 10:31 PM
*Winks* sorry birdie, the family is from Long Island, we treat New Jersey like a rival school. Respected, yet we tease the stupid ones. Pot calling the kettle black and all. BTW good googly you've got some nice fluffy cels!
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Jan 02 at 11:16 PM
Staplez I donated to this site before sponsership labeling, I think this site gives a lot back to me. I've met people interested in the same thing I am and I have a place to share my obsession. I know that if I didn't donate I would probably still be welcome here, that I think, is rare these days.
Foechaden,don't worry I understand completely ^_^
Thanks for looking!
birdie
Oni Hime's Palace of Delights
Jan 02 at 11:29 PM
Ms. Fay,

You still haven't answered ny question! :-)

"When is the last time that you donated..(time, money) to a good cause, even if it is in your own best interests?"

First charity begins at home. First and foremost, I raise a family and I teach my child about her place in the world. That is a natural form of charity :-) I give freely and abundantly whenever possible.

My priorities start there, everything else is secondary. But, just to let you know, about good causes, and donations, read on. My humble and meager contributions, for I am not a rich man.

Worldwide:

I donate to Unicef on a regular basis. This is blind trust, heck I don't know where the money is going, but they have a good rep.

In my town:

I co-sponsered a fundraiser for relief to Kids in Afganistan (6/03)here in Japan.

This is physical relief-Food, clothes, shelter. I know exactly where the money is going.

With my artist friends:

I helped out with an art fund-raiser (handing out flyers and promoting beautiful oil paintings on canvas) to an artist relief fund for the poor in Nicaragua that just ended in Dec./03. They sold every piece.

This is financial aid, I know exactly where the money is going.

At work:

I promoted and organized the apperance of The London Professional Theatrical Company, a professional and world renown acting troupe to perform live on stage, ironically "A Christmas Story" aka "The Scrooge" (sound like anyone you know?), sponsered by the British Council and ONEWORLD,Inc. at an International High School, "free of charge" for pupils, parents, and teachers (sold out of course). I had a philantropist donate all of the funds needed to seat 400 people. (Nov. 18th/2003)

This is culturally and spiritual. Who cares about the money?

For the same institution in prior to that in October I promoted, again using and donating my time, a popular and professional rock band to perform for only the cost of equipment rental, stage hands, and lunch for a music festival.
It still cost well over a thousand dollars, but pennies again on the dollar, it could have been thousands of dollars.

But again,
This is culturally and spiritual. Who cares about the money?

My hobby:

I help out here and there in my free time as an RS Moderator, for free. And I donate a little change every now and then to see my easily established and supported web gallery stay up, because I HAVE A CONSCIOUS. I believe that there is NO FREE LUNCH. And you get what you pay for.

This is one of my hobbies-- enough said. I'm having fun!

My thoughts on service and community:

If you want crap, heck that is free anytime, but if you want quality, and someone is asking me, not telling me to make a determination, I can sit back and contemplate.. and deliberate.. and help or not help.. I chose to help. And that's what it is all about, to me-- community.

Have a nice year..

E
E
Jan 03 at 12:06 AM
Welcome! Login or Register