The server is up.

I got coal for Christmas. I've only slept about 8 hours in three days and I still have a 3 hour drive ahead of me.

All the data up until Christmas has been backed up several times over (beyond the backups we do here in the server room). I personally bought another hard drive to copy stuff onto and I'm taking it with me.

I don't even want to get into how many things have gone wrong in the past two days.

My confidence level in this server right now is pretty low. I suggest, as a friend who doesn't want to see anyone waste any work, that you keep copies of all the images from today forward that you want to upload until we can get a new server.

I probably won't be dealing with this site or answering the huge pile of e-mails I'm sure I've gotten for a few days. I apologize, but I'm really burnt out.

Hope everyone else's holiday break went better than mine.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 27 at 9:05 PM
Just wanted to also mention that nothing was lost. Now to find a way to get a new server....

Cheers!
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 27 at 9:08 PM
We still love you Jason! (I knew this would happen if I didn't send dead weasel cookies!) Sleep first, galleries will wait.
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Dec 28 at 12:48 AM
I agree that you deserve a good weeks sleep. Out messen with a server when you could have been eating. Your better then I am for sure. lol
king_tonberry
Eternal
Dec 28 at 8:56 AM
Thanks for getting Rubberslug back up. I missed it. Get some sleep.
iacon
Dec 28 at 1:10 PM
Welcome! Login or Register