Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. Once I get some stuff sorted out here, I'm going to add a few things to the site that will help fund our server troubles. We will get a new server this month no matter what.

Until then, please bear with the horrible connection reset errors that are making this site a pain to use. It happens every few minutes, but refreshing seems to make things all better... given enough refreshes.

I'm going scorched earth. If there's any way I can make this site make money, I'll seriously consider it. The only thing I won't do is popups, spyware, or any of that kind of garbage. I'd rather unplug this monster before giving into that crap. I think it's ruining legitimate advertising on the Internet and the short term gains destroy a company's credibility in the long run.

Just my opinion. I'll save that speech for another day. Thanks again for your support (and your patience)!
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 31 at 12:53 AM
What a whining baby omg. Look we got better things to do that kiss your ass. Is this site free or not? You said you own the server yet when the server was working, u took donations...for what? Now you come up with this crap that for all we know you are messing with the server to collect money then ull make it function normal again. I am a site owner too, I know all about the games you are playing. Dont claim to be a free site only to hit us up later.
Staplez
Fine Touch Gallery
Jan 01 at 2:50 AM
Wow, How about Happy New Year?? Damn.. those were uncalled for comments. What a way to kick things off.. into a shit pail.

The magic word is "donations". When was the last time that you gave something for a good cause? --Even for own self interests? I guess you'd kick Jerry's kids in the ass, and on their way down the stairs, wouldn't you? You have to have some proof before calling someone a liar. Bite the hand that feeds you, eh?

There is no one paying here that doesn't want to. There are no pop-up advertisers, spy-ware, or spam-ware here, there is no one forcing you to do anything. Stay and play for free, that is what you have been doing since May of last year, so why cry now? Or did someone knock on your door and say pay up for 7 months use on RS? Hell, no.

So what's the gripe? Who are you speaking for besides yourself? Don't use "we", when you mean "I".

"Playing games"?

And how much money is a donation worth? Why would someone need to play games for pennies on the dollar? He could just straight up charge all of us periodically, period, point blank, and we would pay or wouldn't play.

And he'd have a lot, probably most, collectors that would stay anyway. And he'd make a lot more money at it as well. So, what's your angry management problem?

Since you claim to be a site owner, who pays for your bandwidth and service? If you don't like it here because the site has grown faster than the server, and that is causing a problem, then just leave. That would be one less anus we'd have to worry about. Or are you one of those persons that just forgot to commit suicide during the holidays, because you had a bad day?

Don't make accusations without proof.
And Happy New Year too btw,

E
E
Jan 01 at 5:42 AM
Hey there. Happy New Year. No need to get angry. I would love it if I could turn off all this bad stuff with the flip of a switch. I'd actually prefer not taking anyone's money if that were possible. However, I'm happy to show any sponsors where their money goes. I'll probably make a page sometime to show where donations go. I just figured most non-geeks would be bored by the details.

Heck, if anyone's interested, it would be an educational look into how to create enterprise applications on a shoestring budget. I like talking about how this site is built, but very few ever seem captivated by my developer anecdotes. You know that blank stare you get when you talk to a non-anime person about your cel collection? Yup. Same thing. I don't mind though, as long as this site makes a few people happy.

Maybe you've had a bit too much to drink? Apparently in my half-asleep stupor, I was complaining about "needing to make another backup" and looking in the fridge to find server parts. Yipes. It's all good.

Cheers!
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jan 01 at 7:24 AM
I'm with E on this one but I'm not angry just disgusted. Emotion is wasted on the bitter and pathetic. Instead, I'll devote my energy into being thankful I'm not a hateful housewife from Jersey.
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Jan 02 at 1:21 PM
Welcome! Login or Register