should we allow non-collector stuff?

In my humble opinion ^-^,

I think the following should be allowed:

Anime cel
Scripts
Original anime art

In more detail that means the following:

Gallery area:

Art associated with the anime production, game, or artist (lithographs, settei, cels, reproduction cels, hankens, genga, douga, original scripts, shikishi (or sign-boards), original genga/artwork, single-sheet comic art, and books, signed illustrations, or manga with autographs).

*see: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/index.do

Private
area:

Doujinshi, hentai, telephone cards, figures, posters, file folders, unsigned or non-autographed comics, books, illustrations, manga, cards and other anime related toys.

Off limits:

photos of weasels and dingos ^-^
E
Dec 03 at 11:53 PM
That is a good diffintion. People can still post there stuff and let the viewer decide what he/she wants to view. Maybe rather than useing the private area we could have a other stuff area thet is not password protected like the private area. Just throwing out ideas to see what happens.
pogo
Catgirls, Beauties & Other Cels
Dec 04 at 5:02 AM
Well, I know that I stumbled across Rubberslug because I was looking at cel galleries. So when I visit this site, that's what I expect to find: cels or anything having to do with their production. I do not expect to find people posting photos of limited edition figurines.
I also do not feel that it's fair to our host if people are posting non-cel related items. If people want a place to put photos of their pets or other collections, get a free webpage from geocities or something like that. There are many ways to post images on the internet and I don't feel that they should be taking up space here.
reithejelly
Stem Cels
Dec 04 at 5:50 PM
Here's the whole truth:

1) Hard drive space is relatively cheap. It's not capped because we're in the business of making people happy with their creations. As long as it's just pictures, you could post pictures of stuff all day long and never use enough space to make us worried.

2) This question is more directed from an editorial standpoint. We're tough with galleries who don't fit our criteria because it's the only way to preseve the value of the galleries that do.

3) The majority seems to be leaning towards getting rid of any other collectible, even if it's anime (like pencilboards?). At the very least, putting it in private sections.

You know that new version of the site design tool I've been talking about? Instead of rolling it out all at once, I'm trying to convert the database to the new system first (the new links and favorites sections will be the first test subjects).

Sorry if I've been quiet for a few days. New stuff coming soon, as early as Saturday.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 04 at 7:27 PM
wel i feel that the current stye of format is great.this is great place to show off any orriginal cels and assoiated art work , not other collectables and so. as you have said , its not the hd space thats the issue , but what people will post in their gallerys. and yes i bet its a headache to look thru all thats on here at times. although i usually only collect tencho, sammy cels i do enjoy looking at all the other series , and yes even the us animation cels to. i'dd love to afford a coupl disney cels . ouch though and i'dd get a few hanakins first befors that.
and yes i do have other collectables besides cel to , laser disks and so forth . but i'll get a regular site to show that and just link back to my gallery here.eventhougt it would be easy for me to get like geo cities to for that , i will choose to pay for a web server first..
i hat popups on free sites , one thing i love about here .. no massive popups and the best and easiest setup for updating new cels.
Welcome! Login or Register