should we allow non-collector stuff?

why not just use the private section for such things? if people want their figures, prom ect pics shown they can outright post the pass on their main page. assuming you allow them to post such things. this just gives a section that should someone want to go to, they can, if not, it dosent take away from the main page and all the art listing on it.
Thrance
Thrance's Cels
Nov 21 at 12:56 AM
Well if you want to keep RS anime and not just all cels, then I'd say some non-anime items in a gallery would be alright, as long as it's not the bulk of the collection. That would be hard to police, so maybe saying one non-anime section. (Of course part of my saying that is becuse I have one non-anime section in my gallery and I'd hate to have to take it down).

As far as non-cel, non-artwork stuff, I think that's a no-no. RS is for animation art, which to me includes production and non-production art, but it does not include figurines, doujinshi (I probably can't spell that), art book images, or anything like that. Since the 'about' page is where you go to learn more about the individual, having pictures of other items there would be good enough.
Urd
Hands on Cels
Nov 21 at 1:32 AM
I only think we should allow cel collectibles, as well as original artwork.

I have American animation cels, and I love putting them up on display here. Several other galleries also have most of their site dedicated to american animation, and I love looking at those as well.

I don't think it's proper for people to be taking up RS space to post prom pics, kitty pics, figurines, or any other collectibles outside of cels or original artwork.

I have nothing against them, but this is a CEL site. Generally in the cel community we all like to see cels outside of Anime be displayed, as well as original artwork.

But, I think posting anything else is taking up too much space where it wasn't intended for in the first place.

You could allow that if someone donates they get to put up whatever they want on their site, but then I may think if it becomes popular it would be hard ot keep what goes up under control, as well as take away from the prime reason I come here and host my gallery here...To see CELS, as well as other pieces of original artwork.

Just my two cents.
Ms. Poe
Ms. Poe
Nov 21 at 3:03 PM
So, has any decision been reached on this? Asking cause I just visited 2 galleries that made me raise my eyebrows a bit.

http://steven70500.rubberslug.com/
This
one not only has for sale section which thought wasn't allowed, but half of what they have posted is mass produced noncel/art items in collectors items section.

Another just had pics of some figures and was only small part of collection, so didn't look so bad as one above. http://mikescelgallery.rubberslug.com/gallery/master_query.asp?SeriesID=9322
mjwilson
Melissa's Cel Gallery
Dec 03 at 4:35 PM
You know, it would figure...
I banned this site (steve70500 gallery..etc.) already for having one too many galleries up. I guess this one will have to get zapped too..
E
Dec 03 at 11:29 PM
Welcome! Login or Register