WARNING: Counterfeit Cels

And the cel you posted, Mace, has now been removed from GoG's gallery.
betsuni
Mar 01 at 10:40 AM
Just FYI, sometimes cels will be painted incorrectly. I've seen cels like this, and many on RS that have incorrect coloring, often corrected by the studio by either painting on top of the mis-colored part of the cel, or by adding another correction layer to the cel. Often times, these correction layers are MIA when the cel leaves the studio, not stored properly, or they are discarded/damaged as the cel passes from collector to collector.

I'm not saying that's what is going on in this situation, but I think it's worth mentioning. Also, I would like to hear from the seller in question in regards to this issue.
Shemp
Black Mirror
Mar 01 at 12:05 PM
Fake and counterfeit 80's cels have been an issue before. Considering the price some of these cels go for, it's kinda surprising it doesn't happen more often.
MacKettric
Kett's Cel Gallery
Mar 01 at 12:13 PM
betsuni,

Yeah, I kinda figured that might happen. So it's probably a good thing I took a few screenshots of it before hand. ;)

Here's the pics:

Snake Eyes Cel

http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m554/maceanimation/
Edited Mar 02 at 3:09 AM
Mace
Animation X
Mar 02 at 3:08 AM
Yam,

Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about. I actually have a few cels that have had the colors corrected on them as well. I personally don't think that's the problem with this particular cel. But thats a very good point to make.
Mace
Animation X
Mar 02 at 3:15 AM
Welcome! Login or Register