update limits

For me it's not so much a matter of me being bumped of. I don't want the galleries with the actual updates bumped of so that I can check them out. There is nothing silly about wanting to look at actual updated galleries in the update section. People shouldn't use the update section as an organizational tool to keep track of their cels. If you need a tool to keep track suggest it to Jason and see what he says meanwhile I know it's sooooo very hard but try to keep it in a folder in your computer. Please no weak reasons like "too much stuff in my computer, it can get lost" stuff. Anybody that doesn't know how to search for a specific file in their computer let me know. I can help.
On a related topic, Coco's has the best chinese chicken salad. Sweet, yet spicy. What a concept!
Edited Nov 15 at 4:04 PM
Al and Nic
Al & Nic's Cel Carnival
Nov 15 at 3:05 PM
[quote] I don?t see why people get so defensive or high and mighty saying we?re pathetic for wanting our gallery on the front page (don?t worry, I don?t see your opinion as aggressive as this) when we update. [/quote]

OK ... this is definitely going to be my last post on this subject ... and, likely, my last post on this forum, as well. Because, as usual, I am kicking myself for bothering to state my opinion when it goes against that of everyone else.

Although you mentioned in your parenthetical that you didn't see my opinion as being so "aggressive", I want to make it clear that I have *never* called anyone pathetic. I really do not need to garner that type of reputation amongst my Internet peers, and it is all too easy for things to be misconstrued and misquoted. I also don't believe I have ever taken a "high and mighty" attitude. If it seems otherwise, I sincerely apologize.

I have tried to state my own opinions and thoughts in a reasonable, responsible manner. And, yet,it seems my words have been twisted into something not even remotely representative of my intent or true feelings --- mainly because I don't agree with others' opinions.

If your gallery is getting bumped by "bogus" updates, I'm sorry for that. I have never intentionally updated my gallery in order to bump any one off the front page. Never. And, in fact, my gallery is delisted, so it won't be bumping anyone anywhere. Really, all things considered, I guess I don't have much of a stake at all in what is decided here ... so I probably should have kept my big mouth shut. Lesson learned.

I apologize, again, to everyone for getting this thread further off track. I still think the updates button is a great idea, and wish everyone the best of luck.
tex-chan
Gecko Blue Cels
Nov 15 at 3:48 PM
Your apology accepted. Try the chinese chicken salad at Coco's.
Al and Nic
Al & Nic's Cel Carnival
Nov 15 at 4:07 PM
Just to make it clear Tex-Chan, I wasn't referring to you with those comments, it seems what I've said has been taken out of context.

In no way what so ever did I see your comment as aggressive, or ?high and mighty? or anything of the sort including that ?pathetic? comment. So I do apologise if you thought that was directed at you, I guess I should?ve bracketed that whole statement. I totally appreciate your input and wish you would continue to post your comments in the future, as I really do appreciate them. Sorry once again.
Ronin
Ronin's Cel Gallery
Nov 15 at 4:09 PM
Yes, I think that the update button would be a good idea. That way those that do use RS to keep track of their purchases can continue to do so without coming off as having blank updates. Or those that update with hidden items.

If there really are those that intentionally make blank updates just to get their name on the front page... o.O

I have no idea what to think about that.
Baylor
Nov 15 at 4:22 PM
Welcome! Login or Register