Sale adverts in weblogs

Hello All,
I've only been here 7 or so months so I'm way down the totem-pole as far as time here goes.

But Jason made this site for all of us the have fun posting our cels and such for all to share.
A few folks don't get it though, Jason and his Mod's run this site and therefore can and will make the rules here not us.
If this type of thing keeps happening Jason may one day go to *(His)* computer and unplug all of us and this would be a very sad day for me and I know alot of you also.
Use the site like the rules say and don't try to change the rules to fit your ideas of what the site should be.
Jason has worked hard to be fair to all and has changed stuff as needed.

"Off site" sales should be in the Forum thread Jason made for this reason, Here is the thread for you who don't know were it is;

http://www.rubberslug.com/board/showcat.asp?C=9

This
is "not" I repeat "not" for sales from your gallery, Take them down and post them somewhere else and then post in the forum thread it's for sale at ABC site dot com.
As far as fighting with words in your logs, Grow up this site is for fun not word fights over whatever made you mad at the time.
As you can see Jason is fed up with the comments and has taken the weblogs down from the front page because of it and other things, Do you want to lose it all?
If you can't play nice go home and take your ball with you we have more here I'm sure.

Jason thanks for putting up with all the stuff you have and I for one would like to say Thanks for the site and all the work you did to make it for us.

I think a rules list should be made up and sent to all members as a all in one email, That way no one can say I never heard that before or say that rule is not here or was not here.
And sign and return it for the records via email or some other way to say you got it and read it!

Lets have fun here like Jason made this site for in the first place.

Roy
backlotanimation
Backlotanimation
Aug 02 at 3:33 PM
Well, I am guilty of the "sales" blog myself. I didn't really think of it as free ad space though. I thought of it more as "I want my fellow RS collectors to know about this." I've only posted one entry related to sales. Usually my entries are dedicated to my topics of interest. I don't think any of it was offensive. And I am new to the forums/beta. I'm sorry for offending anyone, if I did. No one ever emailed me or posted about this to me, so I can't know unless you tell me directly. I would definitely comply if instructed.

I agree about the flame war situation. I am not innocent of anything here, and I think most people know this. I admit I've been hot tempered about a particular subject recently and I sincerely apologize to the RS community. I don't post entries in my own blog about this type of thing, ever. But, I have posted replies to certain comments. Some of you may know the whole story, but most don't. And I can see why it would annoy the community to read bits and pieces. Hence, I never bring these issues to the chatroom. I'm sorry, but when someone says something they shouldn't, I usually react to it. Again, I apologize for this. Thinking about it now, I shouldn't have. But that's what happens when you love someone.

I think we should be able to talk about our personal lives in the blogs. I thought that was kind of the point of a blog. Flame wars are another monster all together and destroy the atmosphere of RS.

Frankly, I like posting my cels, but I don't see why being on the main page is such a big deal. Having people look at my collection is nice but it doesn't do anything for me. It's not like I'm making money on the hits I receive. I don't post in my blog to advertise my gallery. I do it to share experiences with other RS members.

I LOVE so many of you guys! I'd hate to contribute to the loss of our beloved features here. Again, I apologize and am ready to comply or compensate for anything I may have done to violate the policies of this community.

Thank you for reading my post. Again, I apologize to EVERYONE. Whether you think I'm to blame, or not, I am sorry.
wELCOME cONSUMER
wELCOME cONSUMER
Aug 02 at 3:47 PM
Hello All :)

Well I understand about the whole flame war thing. Since there was a huge one going on about a weekago. I didnt post to it or anything. So I do understand about taking the weblogs down because of things going on like that. Not only does it make people uncomfy to visit the site, or even read a "so called" friendly blog. But it also makes the site look bad. But I do think instead of taking everyone's blog down just take down the blogs of the people that started the flame war. Dont hurt everyone for one persons mistake.

As for the sells going on in the weblogs. I agree with WC, I dont put my for sale stuff there to say "hey go buy my stuff" I put it there so incase anyone might be interested, and didnt see the items on ebay or something like that. I do know a few new memebers that didnt know where to find for for sale page. Or even knew about the forum. Heck I didnt even know there was a for sale thread in the forum.
Edited Aug 02 at 3:55 PM
MDKiller1
Dee's Cels
Aug 02 at 3:54 PM
Some History:

Posted: 22 Sep 2004 by Noisywalrus

" Content rules for the Blog? Bah, it can be about anything. As someone who doesn't buy cels but once or twice a year, I want to be able to feel like I'm doing something fun and contribting to the community even if I'm not uploading cels. Blogs let people do that. (And they'll have their own home page section soon.) The only time we will restrict content is when it seriously waters down content by clogging the "cels updated" track or if we decide it's taking up too much policing time. Personal pictures have the first problem. Artbook scans have the second. Sales have both these problems. "

A forum thread was created in which sales annoucements were to be made. http://www.rubberslug.com/board/showthread.asp?T=954

To
me the blog is a place to post announcements of updates (It was suggested that these should go in one's "news" section, problem being one needs to check out ones gallery to get to the news section, the key for the annoncement is to get someone to check out your gallery.)Let others in the community know whats going on in your life.(Not just cel related)Ask for help/advise and above all get a chance to gain some insight into your fellow R/S members. I myself have made lasting friends through reading and commenting in the Blog.

Reading and reacting to a blog post is one's choice. I know that there are some I read all the time and others that I don't. I do aggree that "flame" posts should not be in Blog's , Forum posts or elsewhere in a public area. You have something like that or other problems with another go to E-mail , feedback or arrange to go to AIM. I for one would like nothing better than to come to R/S to have fun.
Edited Aug 02 at 4:24 PM
JWR
Ryan's Gallery
Aug 02 at 3:59 PM
I agree with D, take down my blog or whatever blogs people found offensive. I don't think anyone else should be punished if I or others are to blame.

About the Sales thing again, I really just wanted my friends to know what I was selling. I didn't mean to use it as free ad space. I've been selling online for many years and don't really need assistance. I just wanted a couple of specific people to know what I was selling because they were interested. People spam their sales in the chatroom all the time, so I didn't know it was frowned upon. And now that I know, I'll never do it again.

I'm sorry :(
Edited Aug 02 at 4:52 PM
wELCOME cONSUMER
wELCOME cONSUMER
Aug 02 at 4:07 PM
Welcome! Login or Register