Sale adverts in weblogs

[quote]Perhaps, since this entire site is dedicated to animation, we could make some rule that limits blog entries to this specific subject. If people want to complain about their personal lives, let them get a FREE livejournal account and leave the rest of us alone.[/quote]

I understand that the posting of sales isn't such a hot idea, but I was under the assumption that complaining about our personal lives and the like was okay. I read the original weblog post in this forum and that's how it reads to me. *shrugs* I didn't realize such posts were irritating people. :( I don't always have cels to write about and I don't really know anyone here so I wanted a way to communicate since I'm so bad at joining in on forums... *looks at her pathetic post count*

Maybe it's good that they're off the front page for now, although I kinda miss em. ^_^"
Edited Aug 02 at 10:24 AM
bulleta
Aug 02 at 10:23 AM
Complaining about our personal lives is one thing. Calling "so and so" from "whatchamacallit's" gallery a bastard is another thing entirely. These blogs should be used to talk about our lives, not to carry on flame wars back and forth out of earshot of the mods. It's only a temporary thing, and hopefully folks will start to remember what these blogs were intended for.
blueheaven
Aug 02 at 11:25 AM
[quote]I was under the assumption that complaining about our personal lives and the like was okay.[/quote]

Yes, personal stuff is okay - as far as I know. What I'm talking about is entries that allude to things like violence against other people, felonious activity, slander, etc.

These journals were supposed to be a way for community members to get to know one another, and to become better friends. I have read some entries in the past few months that would make a normal persons eyes bleed...

I just figured that if RS Blog was limited to ONLY talk about animation, the problem might go away. There is a "links" section where people could put up a link to another journal (like livejournal) if they want others to know what is going on with their lives.

Just a suggestion to keep some of the craziness out of the blogs.
reithejelly
Stem Cels
Aug 02 at 1:38 PM
Oh man, I dig the blogs, so when how long until the suspension is lifted? I do agree that those who lists sales on the blogs in order to get listed on the RS homepage should be suspended, but taking down the entire thing to punish the few people who did not follow the rules is harsh. I say that the web logs should generally be 75%anime or cel related and maybe a paragraph here or there about something else. This is an animation website and not a full-blown personal web log, this should be for fun and not bashing people or things. Come on, we're talking about cartoons, have fun and deal with it.
baronv
Baron V's Animation Cel Gallery
Aug 02 at 2:05 PM
Maybe it?s just me but I like to think of it like this.
I don?t mind looking at posts that mention they have something for sale, but if it bugs a large number of people on this site, why don?t they just post something in their blog? Every member with an open gallery has one and weren?t there only about 10 blogs listed on the main page anyway? If a large number of people have something interesting to say it wouldn?t matter if people wanted to use the blogs for advertising because very little people would see it. If there are nothing but ads then I?d just assume that the most interesting thing that 768 open galleries have to say is ?I have ___ for sale.?

I think the main problem might be that not that many people want to post in their blogs, rather than too many people using the blogs as sale ads.

I think if you put a lot of restrictions on the blogs you?ll just end up with less posts about anything.

It?s just my opinion.
guyvariii
Chris' Cel Site
Aug 02 at 2:16 PM
Welcome! Login or Register