Allow fancels in shop?

As long as it's clearly posted that it's a fan cel...I don't see any problems.
crackpot27
Requiem for Lost Souls
Mar 14 at 5:08 PM
The solution is to separate fan cels from production cels, just like Roy pointed out. It is just that simple.

Not labels, not markings, but another section on to itself.

"Fancel factories" is the issue. Not someone that has one or two fancels that they no longer want and now wish to sell.

But those individuals that create fancels solely out to make a buck and flood the market with cels from popular anime series are to be avoided at all costs. They surely should not be allowed to upload cels along with production works, but they might be allowed to sell fancels on a very restricted basis in a very segregated area.

Fan cels are mostly commissioned works anyway, done between a fan and an artist on an individual basis, and as far as sales go it should pretty much stay that way IMO.
Edited Mar 14 at 9:54 PM
E
Mar 14 at 9:25 PM
Personally I have nothing against Fancels, I have made a few for my ownself of cels that I would like to have originals of. Some people hate them, some like them and some don't mind.

The problem I see with some sellers is that they do not disclouse that they are fancels just to make an extra buck or two. But it goes a bit deeper than that, to the new collector especially. They might buy a cel not knowing it is a fancel because when it was bought it wasn't dicloused to them, they get tired of it or need to get some cash and try to re sell it the way it was sold to them, without any ill intentions a problem is created. It may very well lead to some complications if you can catch my drift...

In the case of selling a fancel and fully disclousing this fact I do not have a prob with it. But you can't deny the fact that some fancels are too good not to be noticed in pictures at times, only when you get them...
Firefly
The Last True Saiyans
Mar 15 at 12:32 AM
I'd say yes...as long as they're clearly labelled as such. I know that I glance at the thumbnails of items for sale on the Home page, and nothing irritates me more than to see what looks like a really awesome cels - only to click on it and find out that it is a fancel.
reithejelly
Stem Cels
Mar 16 at 7:46 PM
Welcome! Login or Register