Allow fancels in shop?

Yes/No?

I vote no, but I always ask everyone else first.
Edited Mar 13 at 4:08 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Mar 13 at 4:07 AM
Given how some cel collectors feel about fan cels from reading threads over the years on other forums, I'm competely balanced. A few collectors hate fan cels with a passion while others don't mind them except when the cels are not obviously represented as fan-produced on places such as eBay until you was click through to read the auction details.

However, since there are collectors who enjoy fan cels, and might be interested in buying or selling them, how about a separate shop section dedicated solely to fan cels or other fan produced art? If it's not too much trouble that is. Breaking off a section strictly to highlight "make offers" cels might make things more organized too.

A suggestion: if fan cels are to be permitted in the shop, the listing should be "Fancel - (series/character/description)". That might reduce the annoyance factor for those who only collect production art since the very first word would be "fancel".
Kitt
Forever Dreaming
Mar 13 at 6:59 AM
Well, since there are already fancels in the shop, the point is kind of moot, unless you plan on removing them manually.

... personally, I don't understand fancels. I love my cels because they were a part of the animation process. I'm not obsessed with any character, so I don't lust after having a cel of say, Sesshimarou (sp?!) or Zelgadis enough to settle for a fancel.

I've noticed that fancels are more and more becoming a form of self-insertion fan art. Or the "OTC" (one true couple) fans want different pairings in their cels.

Like I said, I don't get it. But still, if the public wants.. well, supply!
Edited Mar 13 at 8:00 AM
Zag
Zag's Cels of Junk She Likes
Mar 13 at 7:59 AM
I currently have two fan cels of a CG show in the shop. If you want me to take them down, let me know and I will.
Wendy
Royal Crimson
Mar 13 at 8:32 AM
I don't collect fan cels, but I also don't have a problem with people selling them here. i would hope as sales here are between members who have a greater understanding or knowledge there shouldn't be a problem ( like a newbie on eBay). As stated above list first with the word "Fancel" for ease of placement in the sales list that's all. So my vote is Yes.
Edited Mar 13 at 10:05 AM
monkeyboy
Mar 13 at 10:02 AM
Welcome! Login or Register