an unfair proposal (long)

In my honest opinion (and yes I collect DBZ cels)... the Dragonball banning should not go through.

I am not completely against it, since I understand your side very well. But it's not the fault of legit DB collector's what other people do.

The problem is this, too many dragonball z fansites out there are run by 13-20 year old webmasters who like to have large galleries of cel images because the high quality scans make good for web graphics and draws many people to their site. However, this leads many of that age group.. some very immature.. to do stupid things like post all the images here and claim they own them.

I don't know WHY exactly anyone would want to waste all the time to do that. Perhaps they use Rubberslug as a means for holding the images they can't host for their own DBZ site?

Whatever the reasons are behind this... banning the DBZ crowd isn't really RIGHT. But understandable. I think it just needs to be made, much more clearly, that you can only post cels on RS if you actually OWN them. But how do people PROVE they own them?

I really don't know how to solve the problem. I'm just stating that it really isn't fair to ban the DBZ crowd.

and as for the updating galleries and not looking at them because no actual new cels were added (as stated in an earlier post). Sometimes people update their cel's images (like I recently did) or change the series name or stuff like that. I organize my gallery quite a bit trying to keep it the way I want it. If there's an actual update I post it in the NEWS. I can't help the auto-update thing on the main page when I'm just organizing stuff.
bleedingorange
Oct 31 at 11:03 PM
Hey jn,

Hey, are we having this conversation again ^-^..not "saving democracy are we?"..hehe...

This time you are right ^-^

I know you don`t want me to go on one of my diatribes but, I was an ex-dragonball cel collector myself! (*blink-blink*)

(what a horrible confession, I take that back! )

Anyway,

I had a very good to great DBZ/GT collection too IMO. I had some of the rarest cels from the show, but boy did it cost me a tremendous headache!! I liquidated every single one of them, to keep from losing my mind or quitting altogether. I fortunately had other more stellar anime to love and to collect cel from. Lucky me.

(pouring out liquor, for those that didn`t make it! So many people quit because of the fools or having been ripped-off)

Yes, I almost stopped collecting altogether because of all of the jerks that I encountered in the DBZ community. And I have on the other hand, have met some of the best collectors that I know in the world, people-wise, from DBZ --at the same time. But clearly I understand your point of view. I have been on both sides of the issue, and now stand in the middle.

The good veteran DBZ collectors will tell you that they understand exactly how you are feeling. Anyone who has been around long enough and that has collected DBZ will tell you there is a scam going on in the community all of the time!

DBZ, is the only anime that has literally an infamous scammers list! There is actually a "Who`s who" of famous scammers, that DBZ collectors informally tell one another. I have not had that same problem with anything else. The closest scam alert would be fake AMG cels, and even that, doesn`t even come close by a long shot!

But, recently I think the fools are now far out-numbering the sane. It is unfortunate, but as the price of DBZ cels have fallen over the past year, a new breed of young brazen troublemakers have appeared. Most are young punk kids with the ability to punch at keys and get into all kinds of trouble when mommy is away.
I tried to warn you a while back, but you thought that I was going over-board, or "dramatic" right? ^-^

Here I am again.

I don`t think banning is a good idea. I think just deleting the sites that are not really cel sites is the issue. You should ask some of the "real" DBZ collectors to help you fish-out some of the pranksters. I am sure that you would get some help quickly. Some of the DBZ collectors here are very aware of the trouble makers. I could tell you personally who the "good guys" are if you don`t know , just e-mail me. I think that they could do the policing for you very effectively without putting you in the judges chair. Let them police their own community.
They are fare and honest. In the long run they will be helping themselves out and the image of DBZ collectors in the long haul. Right now the few are making it bad for everybody. Now, they are crossing over into other anime and using DBZ as a "base of operations". (Oops now that IS dramatic..:-)

E
E
Oct 31 at 11:32 PM
And what's wrong with cross-dressing as Xelloss cross dressing? Yesterday was Halloween after all. ^_-

Speaking of nutballs, though. It would be nice if rubberslug allowed sections under a series. For me, having one Slayers section would be nuts.

Seriously, though... if one of the main problems is that private gallery updates are annoying people, couldn't public updates only be kept track of?

TTYL

Karen
xelloss
Anime Cel Incognito
Nov 01 at 6:38 AM
Well, it really is not a pretty idea as there's sincere DBZ fans who'd like to join a great and fun network community.

But, I think, for the disputes.. DBZ, to me, is meant for the younger MALE audience, all I see is BOOM CRASH and disgustingly muscle-built fly-around violence freaks. And I think ppl who love boomcrash shows also tend to create some boomcrash themselves, what I mean, it maybe more or less the not-too-mature boys who create this crap on RS.

I would suggest DBZ cels to be required to include a large scan of their sequence number which make it hard for thieves to say it's theirs. And just more in-debt-info on purchase. And the "burden of proof" you already mentioned elsewhere.

As much as I HATE and PUKE about that seemingly senseless "I WILL KILL YOU! BOOM CRASH WHAM!" show, I think NO fans of NO show should be expulsed.

And FY is, unlike DBZ (to me), not just to entertain bored kids and the less plot-loving... I think FY collectors are a few years older than most DBZetters.

That was me^^
Ore-sama
Money's Grave - Mother's Grief
Nov 02 at 5:34 PM
A sorted-by-series update would be neat. If I type the search term "Fushigi" only FY-updated sites will show up ^-^

Also, sectioning would be really cool. I want and I WILL get enough Tasuki cels to underline THAT >)

*tasuki...... soooooooooo cute...*
Ore-sama
Money's Grave - Mother's Grief
Nov 02 at 5:40 PM
Welcome! Login or Register