picture page

[adminpoll]57[/adminpoll]

Simple poll this time. Works been nasty the last few days, but today is a Rubberslug day so I should be able to work on a few of the open projects on this site.

Leave comments below.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Sep 16 at 11:31 AM
I don't think you should give a personal pictures page to members, for one this is a cel site where one is supposed to post thier cels and wishlists and not a personal site, and two if they wanted to make a personal site they could just go to geocites or anglefire and do it.
Dechirant
Dechirant
Sep 18 at 5:24 PM
I say "why not"?

It would be a seperate section, so if you didn't want to look at it, you wouldn't have to. And if you don't want to have any in your own gallery, I'm sure it won't be mandatory. (Personally, I'm pretty fugly, one picture in the "about" page works for me, for avoidance purposes of course. bwahahaha)
Just so the section is not rated along with the rest of the gallery... "Man, that's one fugly guy! Wait, is it a girl?! Give 'em a big fat zero!"
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Sep 18 at 5:55 PM
I wouldn't like to see it either...If you allow it...Think about all the people flooding in just putting up nothing but personal "Image Galleries". All of those people in the "Ban" thread would have a good excuse not to have their gallery taken down =/. I agree that this is a cel site, and only for cels/artwork.
Ms. Poe
Ms. Poe
Sep 18 at 7:53 PM
Hmm... the problem currently facing our users seems to be that they want to have one webpage where they can do everything.

My personal philosophy on this is:

a) The difference between cels and no cels is much greater than the difference between a few cels and five cel books. Collectors typically have a certain mindset and respect for others.

b) Why do we ban people? Primarily for two reasons: no cels or stealing images. In both cases, these folks are typically not collectors.

c) Actual cel collectors, as a whole, are incredibly courteous and civil. We *rarely* have problems with real collectors. We've *never* (in personal memory) had a problem with a real collector that isn't resolved with a few polite e-mails.

d) We do get lots of mail, from these real collectors that we do like to hear from, about how they'd like to upload a few pictures that have nothing to do with cel collecting.

e) We don't [i]like[/i] being mean. We only seem mean because it's a good way to scare off undesirable visitors.

In light of this, I thought it might be better to think about Rubberslug as a place where the price to entry is being a cel collector. Updates to cel collections will always be the first and foremost thing for this site, but we want to provide other amenities to let people use Rubberslug as their one and only web page.

If we made it a point to only count cel uploads as a "gallery update", would this make the idea more palatable? This was the original intention, but perhaps I did not make that clear.

How does that sound? Still bad?
Edited Sep 18 at 9:59 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Sep 18 at 9:56 PM
Welcome! Login or Register