Introduce Yourself.

Name: Dylan
Function: Graphic Designer
Catchphrase: Not really sure that I have one...
Favorite anime people know: AKIRA
Favorite anime people might not know: FLCL? You probably know that one though...
Favorite artist/creative person in anime: Katsuhiro Otomo
Cosplay: Nope.
Conventions attended: None.
Seen fansubs on VHS: Don't think so, I'm a youngin'.
When I'm not watching anime: Making music, playing games, working...
What I really wanted to do: Wanted? What I really WANT to do is tour the world playing music.
What did you have for breakfast: Nothing, how unhealthy of me.
Can you rollerskate backwards: Probably.
Musical instrument(s): I LOVE vintage analog synthesizers but I also play a tiny bit of guitar, some piano and I'm decent at drums. My computer and synths are my favorite instruments though.
Last good book you read: True Hallucinations by Terence McKenna
Favorite rhythm game: I don't like rhythm games actually...
What do you look like: A person with brown hair and green eyes.
Favorite live-action movies: Live-action? I don't know if they're live-action but aside from AKIRA I like stuff like The Fountain, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, um... other stuff. I can't remember, I'm not much of a movie person.
Which team do you support: I don't support teams.
Ever owned an 8-track player: Nope.
Traveled more than six time zones away from home: Don't think so, furthest I've been is the Yucatan Peninsula.
True love, absolute power, or lots of cash (no "money-buys-me-power" answers): True love.
Broken bones: Never.
Beer, hard liquor, cocktails, or non-drinker: Liquor is quicker.
Age you discovered that you probably don't want to be eating hot dogs: Um, 18 maybe? Haven't had one in forever.
Number of jigsaw puzzles you've completed, lifetime: Alone? None. With family/friends, maybe a couple, not many.
First anime ever: DBZ of course!
Goal in life as a teenager: To play music, but the goal switched around a lot until I decided that it IS definitely making music.
Ice cream: Sorbet.
Shpongled
Oct 03 at 10:05 AM
Name: Tom
Function: Around here I'm just a regular and quite new member. Otherwise I'm a student. I've studied Japanology and Archaeology for a while, but I'm currently studying 3D.
Catchphrase: I don't have any in English as far as I'm aware.
Favorite anime people know: I have no clue what people know or don't know. I like Bakaramon among of the current ones.
Favorite anime people might not know: Younger people (most people around my age too, actually) probably don't know Megazone 23 (part 1 only though) and Iczer-1. Which are odd picks for me as I'm not really a fan of the themes, but I found them to be really well made.
Favorite artist/creative person in anime: Given what I stated above, I'll have to say Toshiki (Toshihiro back then) Hirano, though he has been involved with a few rather poor productions as well. I need to be boring and mention Ghibli people like Hayao Miyazaki and Kazuo Oga as well.
Cosplay: No, but I have a green jacket similar to the one Mamoru is wearing in Sailor Moon, so I just need to put the shirt in my pants 90s style.
Conventions attended: Only just recently, a small one called Peppcon twice, which replaced Uppcon (the biggest Japan convention in Scandinavia)in 2013.
Seen fansubs on VHS: Not fansubs, no.
When I'm not watching anime: Drawing, playing video or role-playing games, or being nerdy about architecture, archaeology and archery (I guess I have a thing for the arch-prefix?)
What I really wanted to do: I'm not old enough (22) to say things like that yet.
What did you have for breakfast: Knäckebröd. I'm a Swede, remember.
Can you rollerskate backwards: No idea, I could probably ice-skate backwards though.
Musical instrument(s): I've played the guitar a little but I'm absolutely worthless.
Last good book you read: A Swedish book from 1960 you've heard about (the English title is City of my Dreams).
Favorite rhythm game: I don't play those.
What do you look like: Come see for yourself.
Favorite live-action movies: Kikujiro, La vita è bella (Italian movie) and again a bunch of Swedish ones you've never heard of. As for American ones I'll say Back to the Future.
Ever owned an 8-track player: No, but I have a phonograph and I regularly use an 80s record player.
Traveled more than six time zones away from home: Yes, Japan.
True love, absolute power, or lots of cash (no "money-buys-me-power" answers): True love.
Broken bones: A finger. A classmate messed up a trick while playing handball and moments later I'm on floor and got him on top, shaping the letter X.
Beer, hard liquor, cocktails, or non-drinker: I don't drink.
Age you discovered that you probably don't want to be eating hot dogs: I don't eat bad ones (I rarely eat any at all).
Number of jigsaw puzzles you've completed, lifetime: Alone? A few super easy ones as a child. A couple of the 1000 piece ones, but not alone.
First anime ever: Tanoshii Muumin Ikka
Goal in life as a teenager: I didn't find one until recently. I have several interests and possibilities.
Ice cream: Pistachio
Edited Aug 30 at 9:22 PM
Siskan
Aug 30 at 9:22 PM
Looks like fun! :-)

Function: music teacher

Favourite anime: I've seen few anime series so far, but I do have fond memories of Sailor Moon and Kimagure Orange Road, broadcast and dubbed in Italian, throughout the late 1990s and 2000s. As for feature films I'm working my way through them. Favourite Ghibli films would include Laputa, Kiki and Whisper of the Heart. I am also intrigued by Mamoru Hosoda's output. And when will I finally be able to watch The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon? I'd love to check it out. Wish there was a decent DVD or blu-ray release.

Come back later ... I have guests!
JulesDeMalte
Dec 20 at 1:15 PM
Name: Tara (Finally noticed this thread after a couple years or so on RS lol)

Function: Playing with dogs all day. No, actually I groom them and the best part is I work by myself, for myself. :D

Catchphrase: "Fxxk you" or any variant of that, involving my favorite word, ha..ha.. *has a horrible mouth*

Favorite anime people know: Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin

Favorite anime people might not know: The only anime I've ever watched that I've never heard anybody else even mention is The Familiar of Zero

Favorite artist/creative person in anime: don't have one

Cosplay: OF COURSE!!

Conventions attended: Tons! I can't name them all! I like to do at least 5-6 a year!

Seen fansubs on VHS: nope

When I'm not watching anime: I hardly ever watch anime or tv lol. Usually I just work all day long, and then maybe do cosplay stuff in my free time

What I really wanted to do: just wish I had gotten into some hobbies sooner than I did, but oh well

What did you have for breakfast: pancakes

Can you rollerskate backwards: I'm sure I could

Musical instrument(s): I have no musical talent at all

Last good book you read: Actual book: The Hobbit. Most of my recent reading has been fanfics lol

Favorite rhythm game: none

What do you look like: If you want to know, just look at my site, tarakatsuki.com. Mostly cosplay pics plus a couple non-cosplay ones at the end.

What is your favorite animation studio? don't have one

ADDITIONAL ANSWERS:

Ever owned an 8-track player: no

Traveled more than six time zones away from home: Yes! FL to Japan!

If money were not a problem, I'd live here: Japan, CA, Europe somewhere, New Zealand

True love, absolute power, or lots of cash (no "money-buys-me-power" answers): Lots of cash would be the most beneficial thing right now

Broken bones: once

Beer, hard liquor, cocktails, or non-drinker: non-drinker

Age you discovered that you probably don't want to be eating hot dogs: I don't remember

Number of jigsaw puzzles you've completed, lifetime: tons

Favorite Anime Quote: don't have one

Least Favorite Anime: don't have one, i've liked all the anime i've watched

Favorite live-action movies: the Kenshin live action, LOTR, The Hobbit

Which team do you support: not a fan of sports

PERSONALITY WAR ESCALATIONS:

Who is/are your favorite musical artist(s)? five finger death punch, disturbed, sabaton, i just love hard rock and metal

Odd or even? odd

The first anime you saw on TV was: full metal alchemist

goal in life as a teenager: graduate first in my class...i almost did, ended up second by .02 >:(

favorite game: skyrim!

ice cream: peanut butter
tarakatsuki
tarakatsuki Cels
Dec 23 at 7:05 PM
Name: Kelsey

Catchphrase: "Bad luck is better than no luck at all." (Was born on Friday the 13th. This is my mantra for getting through the bad luck haha.)

Favorite anime people know: Sailor Moon, Lain, Madoka Magica, Princess Tutu, Nadia, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Samurai Champloo, Attack on Titan, Paranoia Agent, Death Note, Psycho-Pass, Mushi-Shi, FLCL, Nana, Golden Boy, Nozaki-kun

for movies Paprika, Millenium Actress, Akira, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away

Favorite anime people might not know: I'm not sure which are not completely known, but I'll give guesses hehe. Noein? Tom Sawyer?

Favorite artist/creative person in anime: I'm very very bad at keeping up with names for anime. It's a shame because the Japanese animation industry is much much harder on artists than the American animation industry. Satoshi Kon is the name I've most respected. The cinematography, form, design, and characters in his films are phenomenal. Somebody alert me when they finally put Dreaming Machine on Indiegogo. ;___;

Conventions attended: I'm at WonderCon every year in the Artist Alley section. Others less frequently are Sac-Anime, Comikaze, Anime Los Angeles.

My collection is mostly western animation, but I hope to also understand the collection of anime cels with this community. :))
Edited Apr 17 at 9:14 PM
aurumastrum
Apr 15 at 7:39 PM
Welcome! Login or Register