cel damage types?

Howdy.

In an effort to prepare the forms for that "shop" button that has been dormant for over two years, I was wondering if you folks could give me a hand in listing every single possible kind of damage that can cause concern when purchasing a cel without being able to examine it in person.

My list includes:

- Faded tracelines
- Stuck layers
- Stuck to sketch
- Oxidation (that's what those white spots are, right?)
- Torn layers
- Dented layers
- Bent corners
- Torn registration holes
- Staples or staple holes
- Missing Paint
- Tape
- Retouched tracelines
- Discolored acetate
- Miscut acetate (usually applies to oversized acetate pulled from a roll.. I had a cel like this once, don't know how to describe)

One of my goals is to make it so that there is no mystery as to what you will receive in the mail. Please help me make this list complete. Thanks.
Edited Jun 12 at 5:20 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jun 12 at 5:17 AM
Hmmm, I've seen these terms used to describe the condition of a cel:

-Misaligned stuck cel layers
-Peeling paint
-Paint blotches (for paint smears outside the trace lines, the one I have has the smear out of frame)
-Missing registration holes or sequence numbers
-Trimmed cel

That's all I can think of right now.
Kitt
Forever Dreaming
Jun 12 at 6:50 AM
I'm not sure the exact term for it, but one thing I am not seeing listed is the paint bleed-thru you see sometimes with cels attached to watercolor backgrounds, where the background has caused discolored spots on the cel itself.
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
Jun 12 at 8:08 AM
I believe oxidation is better known as "spotting." When moisture gathers between stuck layers and evaporates, leaving a residue...

I have a 9 layer setup...trust me, it happens...
Startyde
The Startyde
Jun 12 at 9:16 AM
Some for the sketch and cel sellers.

Add ricepaper to stuck to cel.
no sketch.
torn sketch.
Sequence # off, cel to sketch (Outlaw Star cel comes to mind).
Timing sheet.

Could you make it so that if the seller doesn't post a cel number or lack of # that the page will not be accepted? (This is a pet peeve of mine on auctions.)
Edited Jun 12 at 11:50 AM
monkeyboy
Jun 12 at 11:48 AM
Welcome! Login or Register