The Official Ban Request Thread

Thanks for doing this update & purging - too many galleries are there just as "buy my stuff" advertisements and who knows if they are legit.
Keep Rubberslug webspace for the real cel collectors (^_^)
KahmCelWorld
Girls-On-Film
Jun 15 at 11:06 PM
[quote]http://dw.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.aspobiious just made his gallery to sell [/quote]

I don't know, he has more cels in his gallery than up on Ebay. While I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to list selling links anywhere but your "links" page, I think this situtation calls for a moderator to point out the rules rather than outright ban him automatically. If everything in his gallery were also up on Ebay, that'd be a different story, of course. ^_~
klet
klet's Island of Misfit Cels
Jun 16 at 6:32 PM
I don't necessarily think this gallery should be nuked, but I think the issue of advertising needs to be addressed with the following: http://toshiro.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp It's obvious that the gallery is used more to advertise his activities (contest?! come on -- something like that doesn't belong in a gallery, it belongs posted on this forum) than to display his cel collection.
betsuni
Nov 07 at 12:04 PM
Dear Betsuni,

I paid for those 90 cels and 90 sketches and they are my collector property till the end of the contest and had been posted in the matching section. After contest end there'd consider as "gone" to their new owners.

I DON'T COLLECT ANY CASH from this event, this is totally free of charge and without any prior registration from anyone.
The unique desire is to globally promote anime cels. From 2007 this is the third contest that I personnally arrange for collectors and non collectors to win anime cels and I'm quite surprised to see such feedbacks.

Discussion about your reported issue is under progress with JWR from RS moderator staff. I'm uploading them as fast as I can, but find time to make a global 50 pictures upload with a 3 months old baby this is quite hard. Goal is simply to show the prizes existence and the veracity of the event.

Ask for a ban in such section is definitively not appropriate as this is not a commercial event and a pure free of charge promotion. RS is a place for collectors and consequently a place to promote "Hajime No Ippo" series.

Situation will return to normal asap.
Apologies for possible inconvenience.
iceman57
Toshiro's laboratory
Nov 13 at 7:38 AM
iceman57, why you are justifying yourself to me, I don't know. I don't run Rubberslug. All I can tell you is that I dislike seeing your gallery at the top of the updates page every day several times per day for a contest. You can play ignorant all you want, but it is plainly obvious that you are using RS to advertise your events, and not your personal cel collection. Otherwise, these cels would be in your gallery already or be uploaded in a gallery format. This thread is not to start an argument about your gallery, it was for me to inform the RS moderators that there is a potential issue with your gallery. I will not pursue this discussion beyond this post, as I have been in touch with the RS moderators regarding this issue. Thanks.
betsuni
Nov 13 at 8:53 AM
Welcome! Login or Register