How many gallery transfers?

Over the past 2.5 years, RS has grown tremendously from a few dozen to now several hundred galleries.. I am curious.

How many of you started your first cel gallery here?

Or conversely, how many transferred from say Animanga, a cel-ring, or geocities, etc.?

Maybe this could be a poll question--

And last-- why did you decide to start here? How did you find out about this site? Obvious questions? Sounds like one of those marketing surveys, eh?

Personally, I had a Yahoo account and was fooling around with a beta copy of Front Page.. You can imagine my challenge-- and then out of no where-- I saw this weird named site I thought named "Rubberslug" I thought what the hell? (A slug or snail made of rubber I thought at first :-), maybe I was referred, I don't clearly remember (Mei's World?) and the rest was history..
Boy did I feel at ease.. That is until I became a moderator (hehe*)
Edited Feb 28 at 2:10 AM
E
Feb 27 at 9:04 PM
I got as far as the front page on an Angelfire site (no, I'm not very computer/technically oriented) and never even put any cels up. When people asked to see my collection (I think I had about 5 - 10 cels or so) I'd email it to them. I even thought about asking a friend to help me with a gallery but figured I'd be constantly bugging him as I didn't know what the heck to do myself.

I read a post Jason put on Animanga's Forum when he started RS and it sounded good to me because even though I didn't know a whole lot, at least I could make the gallery myself and not have to rely on someone else.

Flippy
Flippy
Flipyon's Cel Gallery
Feb 28 at 12:10 AM
I've made other websites before but my cel gallery was never anywhere but here. I think I found rubberslug when I was searching for galleries to look at. When I saw this place and found out that anyone could make a gallery here, I thought, Could it really be this easy?
So, I packed up my, I think three cels at the time, and moved in!
I think rubberslug is the greatest, I really do. ^__ _^

--Aurora
hyaku
Bibble Bibble Cels!
Feb 28 at 12:55 AM
My first gallery was on an ICQ home page, called "Natisha's Nook". There were real problems with the stability of the file transfer process they used and I'd routinely get locked out of it for weeks at a time.

My second (still existing) website is Stargarde.com where I get to play with all kinds of fun Javascripts and weird ideas without worrying that I'm going to send commands so illogical that I'm going to mess up things for others. Related to Stargarde are Hotohori.com and Clowsgarden.com. I swear, one of these days I'll have all three linked together and functioning as I've always envisioned!

One of my friends was one of the very first members here, and she recommended that I get a Rubberslug gallery. I have this fascination with wings so, that became the theme of my RS gallery.

Personally, I love the ability to update easily, and how simple it is to develop a unique look. Jason is always working to tweak and improve the site, adding new features, many suggested by us. That give Rubberslug a 'community' feel, which is another huge plus. And don't sell yourself (or the other moderators) short! ^_^
Kitt
Forever Dreaming
Feb 28 at 8:43 AM
I am a champion procrastinator, I always meant to start a gallery, but it was way too much work. So when I found Rubberslug I finally was motivated. (Of course it took me a month to find time to go get a scanner and replace the dealers scans) I?m pathetic enough that I probably wouldn't have a gallery if I had to do any coding what so ever. Hmm that reminds me I?ve got a small stack of new stuff that needs scanned and uploaded.........maybe tomorrow ^_~
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Feb 28 at 1:31 PM
Welcome! Login or Register