New Group For Cel Collectors

If you have a problem with a single person, that's a single person, that doesn't make everyone in the group "liars" and you're an idiot if you think it does
Christopher
Moonlight Cels
Mar 17 at 8:58 PM
You're right, as soon as 2 persons at least are defending these kind of people i m doing generalities. I ve been banned from this group because i dare to say i was unhappy with this kind of behaviour, so i didn't get enough time to know everyone. It's funny for them to come and give lessons to Nico, as soon as their moderator (Trudy) is corrupted as f... : )
Edited Mar 18 at 4:59 AM
floralys77
Lost in Translation
Mar 18 at 4:06 AM
To clarify: you were banned for causing drama in the Facebook group, much like you have in this thread.

If you would like to discuss this, you are welcome to message me on Facebook or email me at selphish@gmail.com.
Trudy
Trudy's Cel Gallery
Mar 18 at 7:13 AM
@florylys, the number #1 rule in our group is be kind. No money ended up changing hands so it fell through, I understand being upset that you weren't able to sell the piece, but emergencies happen. This behavior calling people out publicly to shame them violates rule #1.

I've had deals fall through before, and I was pissed. But I've never called that person out by name publicly, it's not good for anyone. It just reinforces the stereotype that art collectors can be petty and elitist.

If a deal falls through just don't sell to that person again, it's as simple as that.

If you want back in you would have to prove that there would not be a repeat of these sort of shenanigans. But this post shows me there is a pattern of behavior that you are unwilling to work on.

These are my thoughts, I am not unreasonable, but if you want to discuss this further, I will only do so in private. jade at jadeduo.net
Jadeduo
In My Dreams
Mar 18 at 7:44 AM
Hi Derek,

I'd like to clarify a few comments you've made and resolve any confusion.

First off, I am not selling 'advertising real estate'. I have allowed certain reputable vendors, businesses and companies to advertise their content in the new group I am running on the basis they provide members discounted prices. This has taken me hours of my personal time and money to negotiate, I'm not making a single buck in the process.

I removed the auction links because they've never been allowed in the first place on D.C.C, the core members in the group originally decided this would be a bad idea because prices would be inflated, and collectors would therefore have to pay more than usual. I had previously negotiated a deal with the owner of Rinkya to provide members exclusive deals on the basis they could share listings in the group, this didn't bode well with members, so this was removed. Perhaps there will be the possibility in the future to share 'Buy Now' listings rather than auctions.

Regarding your comment being removed, I do not delete opinions/comments in any group unless it is inappropriate or causing issues, yours was neither. I explained it was a fault on my device where it looked like your comment had been posted twice. So, I removed the duplicate to find it was an error on my device and I apologise for that.

Maintaining these communities is not an easy task, I don't ask for anything in return, I do this because I enjoy it. Not everyone is going to agree with my methods, but they work for the majority. I never had access to something like this when I started collecting as most people don't want to share their connections/resources. These groups are an invaluable resource for many collectors and keeping things regulated to a certain degree is important to maintain the content and focus.

I hope this clears up any concerns you had. This is all slightly overwhelming as a full-time student managing two very active groups. I speak with dozens of people at one time so sending clear replies has been an issue, I will work on giving more formulated responses in the future. You are always welcome back in the group.

Kind regards,
Nico
consumercollectibles
Majin Vegeta
Mar 26 at 12:44 PM
Welcome! Login or Register