New Group For Cel Collectors

momo what's the problem if he wants to create an other anime cel group ? people are free to do whatever they want, you're not the big boss here :)
Edited Feb 20 at 1:44 PM
floralys77
Lost in Translation
Feb 20 at 1:44 PM
Hey Zetsuai! I contacted the chat admin there is something wrong with the join app he is working to fix it now. The link I posted earlier should work hopefully soon!!!
Jadeduo
In My Dreams
Feb 20 at 3:20 PM
Jadeduo - your earlier post was one classy response and great explanation. Props for keeping it mature and positive!

This is a preemptive apology if I'm bringing it back down a notch with my tangent.. but I really wanted to share my recent experience with the Dragonball cel facebook group (I believe same admin/creator as original poster of this thread? Please correct me if i'm wrong!). The facebook cel groups (run by Nico) may have more than our best interest at heart and I believe he is trying to sell advertising real estate on the group's pages to interested buyers.

I tried sharing/discussing two active YJ cels last week and he declined my post with the following response: "i can't share that as I'm introducing a big company into the group which will start showcasing cels exactly like this on a regular basis". Seems sketchy to make money off of advertising on these niche community pages while censoring genuine posts. Or even if its not a monetary business venture.. seems silly to curate so heavily without reasonable logic.

I tried responding to a post tonight saying "those prices are cray"... but it was quickly deleted. No explanation given. multiple other posts echoing the same sentiment that were not removed. I don't understand heavy curating, but it ruined it for me and I decided to leave the group / felt compelled to share on here.

Nico seems like a great guy and super active and positive for the community. his page has been a great way for me to get to know other collectors and keep up to date on DBZ cels, for that I'm appreciative, but the latest actions struck a cord for me and I hope by sharing, it potentially prevents others from feeling irked or unwittingly trading their facebook activity so he can make a quick buck.

This community and hobby is a delicate one.. obscure collectible, an ever dwindling supply with the process all but discontinued, and waning interest as our beloved cel-drawn series get older and older... I'm a small-time collector, but even for me, its great to see a few advocates out there helping keep the community alive and just wanted to say thanks to everyone that runs these community channels / groups / sites (especially rubberslug!) with genuine interest and care for the hobby/community!
derekmudd
Space Cowboy
Mar 16 at 2:10 AM
Thanks @derekmudd, feel free to join us anytime DBZ doesn't come up much because we do all the animes, but there is always me to talk to I collected DBZ myself for years ^_^

Also @earl fixed the join slack chat link so that should now work in my original post there are few of us are in the chat room now ^_^
Jadeduo
In My Dreams
Mar 16 at 2:02 PM
@derekmudd feel free to join the only group where people are defending liars (like Trudy) who engage themselves to buy anime cels, and don't give any news for weeks when they are asked to pay, pretending they forgot. :)
Edited Mar 17 at 7:25 AM
floralys77
Lost in Translation
Mar 17 at 3:33 AM
Welcome! Login or Register