The state of the Anime Cel collecting community.

You have 3 weeks.... *waits impatiently with giant puppy eyes*

@_@

However I am not a fan of the last minute push so I hope being generally annoying will make peeps send me entries earlier so if there are any problems there is no mad rushing around like a crazy person. O-o

^_^

I know a lot of the old school collectors that have 200+ pieces on RS would gladly pay a small monthly/yearly fee for just general maintenance getting the search updated etc. Maybe get an enhancement down the line etc...

I know my goal is to get all my RS entries normalized to the same format and fix errors as I come across them, and hopefully that will set me up to start thinking about transferring over to a private domain again. However this is at least a year off for me, at the bare minimum...

ALSO! I can't wait to see what changes you made from the Open House! I did start putting together some stuff based on my feedback but I am nowhere near done!
Edited Oct 08 at 12:34 PM
Jadeduo
In My Dreams
Oct 08 at 12:31 PM
Agreed guys, on everything.
It IS too important. Just look at all the cels displayed, there really is no other site like it.
It's too unique to let die a slow death.

We told Jason we would be happy to pay for a membership, especially if it meant getting updates and extra features.
Kind of like DeviantArt's free- and membership galleries. But sadly he would not hear of it.
Wendy
Royal Crimson
Oct 08 at 12:36 PM
@JD - LOL!

You'll have to wait a while to see the changes. It's intense, so we're on semi-permanent hiatus (for now, at least).

We had planned some image resizing as well as some organizational changes... hankens with sketches being condensed as one 'item' with pop-ups for the dougas and shadow references, in order to speed up navigation (for example, it takes a section like Demon Coach from around 56 items to down around 20)... but it's a LOT of work. ^_^;;

3 weeks should be enough time. Assuming the mice in our attic all cooperate and die/leave before then. X_x
Edited Oct 08 at 12:49 PM
Angelic-Lair
Oct 08 at 12:41 PM
Hello everyone! I was shocked to see the amount of responses this thread received when I woke-up this morning.

Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you and thanks for voicing your opinions and concerns. I am learning so much from many of you!

Although I have yet to really start my gallery here at Rubberslug, I echo the concerns that many of you mentioned. I don't want to be troubled with scanning/uploading a ton of material if their is an off chance that this site crashes, and/or, maintenance is no longer a concern for the creator. Obviously Jason has put a lot of work into this site and we should all be very thankful he has; however, should we start considering finding an alternative in the event a catastrophic event crippling this site?
Maxsidious
Oct 08 at 6:13 PM
Heehee Maxsidious,

I told you this was a good way to participate ^_^;;

Please do enter the cel contest! I look forward to seeing your entries. ^_^ I also wanted to let you know if you haven't joined Beta yet, send me an e-mail I will send an invite.

Unfortunately, the sad state of affairs is that there is no viable alternative, all the free sites and alternatives would not be conducive to the Cel Gallery format in general. And we would lose all the galleries that are no longer active. Which are a piece of history that we shouldn't want to lose.

Each individual collector could go offsite, however, it is ALOT of work to maintain an offsite galley. As well as expensive depending on what you are willing to pay for. Jason has at least promised to maintain, and he is very responsive to us when things start to crash, so that is something. The only thing we can do right now is continue to talk to each other, and keep up the noise. Maybe we can entice him back with cookies ^_~
Edited Oct 08 at 7:51 PM
Jadeduo
In My Dreams
Oct 08 at 7:49 PM
Welcome! Login or Register