minor changes

E wins.

Site rankings as gallery listing catagories have been turned off until we get enough votes for it not to matter. Some people are taking this way too personally. *One day* of having these listing made public and I've already caught a few people with their hand in the cookie jar. These aren't evil people either, they're actually pretty good folks that I've spoken to on occasion, which is pretty upsetting to me.

Harsh penalties are going to be harsh penalties after today, I'm not kidding. This means (but not limited to) ranking disabled and/or gallery disabled. C'mon, can't we all be friends?

I've come up with a formula, though, that should keep everyone honest so I don't have to hand check for cheaters. I'll try to implement is after dinner, along with more site upgrades.

Mmmm..... fried chicken.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 11 at 6:00 PM
I'm confused.. what exactly was happening? I'm so lost right now.. apparently I missed the advent AND closure of a new feature.... o.o;;
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Nov 11 at 7:25 PM
No big deal. Late last night I put in new gallery sorting catagories. I had it so people could sort galleries by the three ratings that you can rate by. (presentation, collection, overall)

Within mere hours, it turned into a mess of ballot stuffing, intentional poisoning of other members' ratings, and fake account creation.

So I killed it. Took ten minutes to program a "sort by score" database queries, took ten seconds to unprogram it. It'll be back, but not before a few changes are made to the method of calculating the final score.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Nov 11 at 7:41 PM
Here's a suggestion about the rating tool:

Don't make a page that shows who stands where. That will stop the down-rating of others to climb on the ratings page. I think that would be the only way to solve the problem. It's cool to see you gallery banner up on a page for more advertisement, but it spawns this out of control rating.

I also think the "most hits" section should be done away with. Even some may be on there, because they were Rubberslug members longer, some may be from just refreshing their homepage several thousand times...

The rating tool would be cool if you could leave a comment box at the end of it, and anyone who wants to rate...Has to send a comment to the gallery owner. Knowing woh the terrible rating is coming from may give other more incentive not to rate bad to make their gallery climb...But...That could also send backlash if someone does rate poorly =/...

The rating tool is really cool, but I really think there should NOT be a page of who stands where in each category. Just have it on each members page for reference. I think I'm actually going ot turn my rating option off. It was fun to see my standing drastically drop when I was on the top ten on a few pages -.-! I was voting fairly for everyone else -.-~!

Just my few cents...
Ms. Poe
Ms. Poe
Nov 12 at 12:36 AM
I guess I must have missed "When Things Get Ugly" Part I, I turned off the rating option over the weekend.

I try to pick 3 random sites a night (if I have the time) on the waiting page and vote. I've gotten to look at sites I might not have seen before like the one devoted to Unico and the Batman/Superman one.

Flippy
Flippy
Flipyon's Cel Gallery
Nov 12 at 1:47 AM
Welcome! Login or Register