most underrated anime?

Howdy,

Soon to be a poll question, but I couldn't think of enough choices:

What's the most underrated/underappreciated anime title in the last five years?

Basically, it's a "things you might have missed and really oughta watch" poll. English or Japanese titles are fine, I can always Google it to figure it out.

Off the top of my head, I suggest...

- Now and Then, Here and There
- Secret of Cerulean Sand

Your suggestions?

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 01 at 12:03 AM
Well would a six year old anime count? I just found Kodomo no Omocha (Child's Toy) and I LOVE IT!!! I laughed I cried and now I'm on the hunt for cels.....dum-dumpt-dum-dumpt. Recently I loved the concept of Spiral but was dissapointed with the ending. My main problem is availibility, I hate Hong Kong bootlegs I refuse to watch anime that has been through the American TV censors and I need subtitles (my roomate refuses to translate real time ^_~) I download what I can but I cannot find any good fan subbers willing to send tapes anymore. What do you folks do for fresh animes?
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Oct 03 at 1:08 PM
I second Kodomo no Omacha. (though I like the manga better). I'm surprised it hasn't been officially licensed here yet.

Mahou Tsukai TAI! doesn't seem to get enough credit. It's a really cute well animated and well thought out anime.

I would also say tenshi ni narumon, but it took a lot of will power to make it through the first half of that series - even for me. However it was well worth it by the end :)
spinizuey
Golden Dawn
Oct 06 at 8:39 AM
I've only gotten to see about half of Kodomo no Omocha a long time ago. I wouldn't mind seeing the rest if someone would be *cough* willing to share either tapes or those old real media Kodocha eps. I'm not a stickler for quality as I'd rather watch an 8th generation copy than not watch at all...

Good suggestions, keep them coming. I'm sure there's a longer list to be made of underrated anime.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Oct 07 at 2:40 AM
Blush blush .........I secretly watch Naruto.
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
Oct 13 at 6:17 PM
Welcome! Login or Register