Counting down to the new Rubberslug

i'm loving the ease of uploading new stuff onto the site Jason. when can we start organizing sections in our galleries the way we want them? is there a due date for the Featured Gallery Image? (if so tell me know and i'll run to put it in my phone's calendar ASAP with the rest of my daily activities.) :)
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Nov 23 at 7:43 PM
*now not know sorry for the mistype
ginga123
Ginga's Anime Galactica
Nov 23 at 7:44 PM
Glorff, you're #1 on the X/1999 tag. Are you using the tags, or the search box? From what I understand, right now, the search box is only looking at items, so unless you have X/1999 in every description or title, you won't show up there. I'm pretty sure expanding the search function is on Jason's list.
klet
klet's Island of Misfit Cels
Nov 24 at 2:26 PM
Anyway we can get access to the images that are our avatars? I can't seem to locate my orignal one on my computer.
branchan
Bran-chan's Cel Gallery
Nov 25 at 7:53 PM
Another annoying issue: I regularly change the look of my home page to add images of a "featured cel/sketch" and of "new arrivals" (usually cel and sketch). To do this, I use the "Edit Site Text" and make the changes to the "Home" text.

When I went to the new "Account" to do this, I found that the blocks for text now are all blank. So to alter my home page text (or any other page I want to update), I would have to type in the whole page of text, complete with html markup.

Happily, I found that the old "Rubberslug - My Account" page (in the retro white and orange text on the black screen) is still live, and that still displays the text. I was able to alter the text that way and upload it.

Knowing that this is probably going to be discontinued soon, I also took the time to cut and past the text files for this and other pages and save them as documents.

However, it would make editing these pages much easier if the new site would display the text presently live in our gallery, and not force us to recreate it from zero each time we revise it.

It's been said before, but I find the tiny boxes for adding text very inconvenient. It implies an attitude where the images are Everything and commentary is Nowhere.

But if we really are going to attract the attention of people outside our little insular enthusiasm, then the site is going to need to encourage curators to talk to their viewers in more and more effective ways.
60something-sensei
Sensei's Anime Gallery
Nov 29 at 9:13 AM
Welcome! Login or Register