Time limits for new galleries

This is sort of a poll.

How many of you think that a time limit of some sort should be imposed or a minimum cel limit should be part of the policy here for creating a gallery? (long question?)

Background:

I have notice quite a few "galleries" with no cels posted. Some have not posted a single cel on their galleries for weeks or months.

Should they be given a time limit?

Should creating a gallery require that at least one cel be scanned in within a certain period of time after site/gallery creation?

IMO I think that there should be some limits here otherwise you have these fake galleries of just someones banners...that could go on indefintely.

What is your opinion on this?

E
E
Apr 18 at 8:03 PM
Well...I think if the gallery has been made public, there should be some cels in it :) If a gallery has been sitting open for a while with nothing added to it at all, I would imagine the owner probably gave up or forgot about it - I don't see the harm in removing sites like that since it could be recreated in about 5 minutes if they ever decide they *do* want to post some cels.
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
Apr 19 at 6:19 AM
How about 24-48 hour grace period? After that if there are no cels/sketches ect then the gallery gets the axe? There have been a very very very few galleries that I saw where there were no cels in it for a few days then it was updated with some.

This might be a little bit of work...but...for new galleries to be made, maybe the person should send a sample cel to admin or mods as a sort of verification? Not the greatest of ideas due to stealing images and stuff, plus the time...but...it could work somewhat.....
Thrance
Thrance's Cels
Apr 19 at 4:08 PM
I think having a time limit is a good idea.

I've ran across a few of those galleries and it was a waste of time because there were no cels, lol. I'm thinking more of a week or so (they might have cels on the way) if no update...close it.
Cole
Apr 19 at 5:02 PM
I agree that there should be a time limit. I've seen some that have been open from 6 months to a year without any cels in their gallery; it's rather irritating with how many there are out there. You can always work on your gallery without having it open to the public. When I first started, I worked on my gallery for a month or so before I eventually opened it.
Echo
Lunar Reflections
Apr 19 at 10:12 PM
Welcome! Login or Register