rubberslug at 5

Happy Anniversary, Rubberslug!!! ^_^

Yeah, I just pretty much popped in to say that. I've rarely been exposed to this bad behavior that everyone is talking about but maybe that's because I have a "real" life outside of my "hobby" life. I also have really thick skin so who knows? Maybe someone has been insulting me but I just didn't notice it. ~_^

I agree with birdie on maybe there should be comments made with rating galleries. But then again, I don't really see what that will prove. You could still be rated low with a comment "I don't like your background." I find it strange that some of the most sensitive people have the ratings turned on. I just want to yell "It's for fun people. Turn it off if you're not having fun with it." We do control that ability.

And I agree with Uende on the curfew. This is the world wide web. There's no way a curfew can be followed. And I agree with Jason that I don't think there should be an 18+ area. If you want to talk about things like that without fear of offending, take it to your emails. That way too you really start to get to know each other. It's not face to face but it's not just an id in a chat room.
duotrouble
Cel Envy
Aug 16 at 2:55 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBBERSLUG!!!!
(I'm sorry, it's still a cute little slimy animal to me instead of a rubber bullet. <.< )

Thanks Jason! I think you know I've enjoyed the heck out of my stay here. ~_^

The ratings? I guess I've overachieved on that front - I never thought I'd see 69 ratings, and I ended up with even MORE! O_O (Thanks, Soda, you know I love you! XD )

Combating the rising tide of snarkiness?
I dunno. IS there a way for an online community to take the bullies out back and take care of them? ~_^

Personally, I like: "The beatings will continue until morale improves." XD
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
Aug 16 at 3:31 PM
The age limit was brought up by the most frequent chatters because the underage individual we're all referring to made an issue. They themselves made it clear to several adults that they did not like certain conversations. However, the conversations continued because it was what the majority of the people in chat were talking about. There wouldn't be a problem at all if the individual voluntarily removed themselves from uncomfortable situations or didn't attempt to censor what others were saying. They were purposely goading the other chatters. We're talking about a preteen/teen in this particular case.

I don't think any of us have had previous issues with underage chatters until this recent episode. Hence the recommendation about an age requirement or something along those lines. Or, perhaps, a simple acknowledgment from everyone that the chat room is a place for free expression. Which is why the chatroom is enjoyable.

We're also not talking about strictly indiscreet conversation here. The conversations that have caused trouble were not explicit or vulgar in the least. They just seem to "bore" this particular underage person. I don't see why 9 out of 10 chatters must censor themselves because the 10th chatter is underage. I'm not a mother and I don't see why I have to babysit.
wELCOME cONSUMER
wELCOME cONSUMER
Aug 16 at 3:42 PM
Happy Birthday, RS!

You done good!

My suggestion is to just keep doing what you are doing: providing an online home for all the fabulous anime artwork out there.

You can't combat human nature short of removing the forums, chat, blogs and feedback.

So, just keep on sluggin'! ^_^
GB
The Wandering Student
Aug 16 at 4:54 PM
Feliz Cumplea?os Rubberslug!

About this recent height in snarkiness -

First, my question to most people who are getting peeved that their gallery is constantly given bad ratings based on their current standing with other members is, "Why the heck haven't you turned off your gallery rating already?!". I turned mine off around a year ago and I'm glad I did because I have no reason to be concerned that someone is going to give me all "0s" because they didn't like the fact that I got a cel that they wanted. Yes, I realize that this doesn't allow your cel buddies and people who actually put some thought into their vote the chance to rate your gallery, but, don't the benefits outweigh the stress of worrying what others will think? Then again, why do you care what others think about your gallery? This is a hobby, fer cryin' out loud. Relax and munch on a cookie. As WC said, there's too much going on in this world to become upset over really trivial things.

I think the best thing that everyone can do is not get involved with all the politics. If someone is acting up, talk to them directly or report it to a moderator. That's what they're here for. But by dedicating blog entries and/or insulting them in the chat(regardless of whether that user is in the chat or not), you're giving them the attention that they're looking for. Same thing goes for all the petty things I've seen lately such as blogs and other comments geared towards other users who did not send you as high of an offer that you think your cel is worth, becoming upset when your gallery has been temporarily shut down because you failed to notice that 'for sale' entries are not allowed, etc. In my opinion, if you don't like how RS is operated, leave....and that goes for double for those members who have failed to give a monetary donation to the site...bandwidth doesn't grow on trees.

Above all, use some thought and manners when dealing with others. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

That is all.
Cutiebunny
Cutiebunny's Coven
Aug 16 at 6:44 PM
Welcome! Login or Register