Animation Related Items

I would like to get some more opinions in this thread. Not because I want to hear people side with me, but to get a better over all opinion. I honestly think that other members would enjoy seeing these items (accompanied by some text for the more unique items) but hey...that's just my opinion. If this kind of display seems to be a problem for people or other mods I'll delete what I've started. No problem. But they won't go into the photo gallery for me. They're worth some idividual attention. Hope to hear from more people. I have to say this...if I hadn't of asked I think this would have not been an issue at all. But I do care what you all think and I'm just that close to polite.
Best,
Mark
mchaleyart
Backward Paint
Apr 19 at 6:27 PM
Ok. Roy. You've explained this to me in a lingo that I really understand. I'll get rid of it and wait. As always I value your advice.
~Mark
mchaleyart
Backward Paint
Apr 19 at 6:29 PM
Hiya Mchaleyart.
Why thank you, I try to help if I can, Rhey and the other mods here try to there best to be fare to all and they have the rule books in hand and I have seen them go out of there way to help others here.
Rhey for one has one of the best doll collections here and she does not put them in the gallery.
I have a idea for you, Use your statues as a banner that you can change out every few weeks for a new one like a feature item,This will bring in visitors and get you more hits in your gallery and it lets you be creative with them by making displays for them. And if you use the blog you can let others know you have a new one up.
I have seen this done in many galleries here and it looks realy cool done this way!
Just a idea for you to kick around.

Roy
backlotanimation
Backlotanimation
Apr 19 at 7:30 PM
Hey Roy. Great idea (again). I did go ahead and put a couple of these in the Photo Album. I just announced it as news on my Gallery homepage. I'll just keep adding them there. If I get time maybe I'll switch them around as banners. Most likely I'll spend the time adding more items instead. I've got alot of Batman Cels on the way! Thanks again!
mchaleyart
Backward Paint
Apr 19 at 9:53 PM
A certain portion of 3D art should legitimately fall under the same guidelines as other material on Rubberslug. If, for example, a collector of puppets from stop motion animation productions wanted to post photos of them, wouldn't that material be perfectly applicable to RS's charter?
http://www.rubberslug.com/resource/faq.aspx#3-4
"Can
I upload animation artwork other than "anime"? ?
Yes, we encourage all types of animation production artwork."
That should also hold true for things like production used maquettes.
Under the explicit rule, that would exclude a limited edition maquette, as it would exclude a limited edition cel (or fan cels). Of course, in practical terms, limited edition and fan cels are allowed left and right on RS. A limited edition of a production used maquette would seem to have the same kind of connection. A statue based on animated characters is similar to some LE cels, but also has an extra degree of removal from animation, and my gut says that might be a degree too far. Of course, my gut also says an original statue by someone involved in sculpting production maquettes is on topic, so my gut is somewhat confused...
Ted
Ted's Animation Gallery
Apr 20 at 9:05 PM
Welcome! Login or Register