Animation Related Items

I was thinking of creating a section in my gallery for Animation related items. Mainly for statues and maquettes. I want to put items that are unique in some way or (for example)limited to under 1000 pieces. I value fellow rubbersluggers opinions on these matters as most of us seem to want to keep this site 'uncluttered' with images that might not be appropriate for the site. With the postive responses to my original art (mostly animation related) I thought some unique 3-D items would be of interest as well. I look forward to hearing your opinions.
My Best,
Mark
mchaleyart
Backward Paint
Apr 15 at 12:35 PM
Jason recently added a photo album feature where you can upload pics of whatever you want. It's a test run, so it may disappear at any given time but so far it's been up for quite a few months without interruption. Many of us have already added all kinds of stuff.

You can add your statues there until we have a more permament feature implemented.
Rheytarian
Rheytarian's Anime Alcove
Apr 15 at 5:31 PM
The photo feature section seems to be a better place to put pics of yourself, pets, convetions, gatherings, etc. I took a look around and have found that some rubbersluggers have already put simular items up in some of their galleries and it seems to fit in just fine.
mchaleyart
Backward Paint
Apr 19 at 9:28 AM
[quote] I took a look around and have found that some rubbersluggers have already put simular items up in some of their galleries and it seems to fit in just fine. [/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's against Rubberslug rules, which is why Rhyterian suggested the photo album. It was created as a way for people to display non-cel/fan art without uploading it in their main gallery, if I'm not mistaken.
klet
klet's Island of Misfit Cels
Apr 19 at 3:15 PM
Hello Mchaleyart,
Rhey and Klet are right.
Jason the owner and all the mods were getting alot of new folks making doll and statue galleries and not putting up cel/artwork so the rule was made that we could not do them.If you have one or two it's no big deal but some folks will abuse the system and make the mods have to deal with them.
Jason said he would make a place for items other than cel/artwork and he made the photo gallery for this in each gallery if you wished to use it. One thing about the photo gallery is the images can be alot bigger than in the gallery pages and this is better for looking at because you are not limited to 530 pix wide.
Jason said he would do some upgrades to the site in the future to help display items other than cel/artwork and if you wait a little bit I'm sure you will be happy at what he is doing with the help of others in programing the new site in the future.
So for now please use the photo gallery in your own gallery for showing the statues/ect,I for one would love to see them.
I hope this helps some?

Roy
backlotanimation
Backlotanimation
Apr 19 at 6:26 PM
Welcome! Login or Register