Blast From the Past

Actually, I remember thinking, "Maybe this *is* a stupid idea." And then I thought, "Maybe cel collectors really *are* all angry people." And *then* I thought, "Hey, more room for us cool people " ... all dozen of us who made websites, some of whom still update.

For the record, I don't even remember writing that. I remember posting something, but I thought it was limited to:

"Hi. I have this new website. You might like it. You can make a cel gallery."

Thus began the first lesson is a long string of educational lessons about online communities: even if it's all make-believe, people have to feel that sense of ownership through personalization and self-identity. I failed to establish this connection to the Everquest Effect (I can explain this in a blog or something if it's not obvious), which was a stupid mistake on my part.

Our plans for world domination were sidetracked for a few years, but rest assured the machine has been reawakened and is humming along smoothly. We'll be demolishing a neighborhood near you for our big box megastore in no time.

Updates, soon. Our birthday is coming around again, after all. We'll be four years old.
Edited Jul 18 at 11:10 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jul 18 at 11:00 AM
I'm going to start calling you and Olivia, "Pinky and the Brain" =)
E
Jul 18 at 11:08 AM
Aye I just noticed the Birthday is coming up...although it's not as momentous as 5 years, it still should be a special one!!

You know I never followed the thread...but I cannot believe some of the arguments some of the guys gave...they're just so ignorant and stupid...I'm just glad you stuck with it and created the community we all see today!

Thank god for your hard work and persistence! ^__^
Ronin
Ronin's Cel Gallery
Jul 18 at 12:17 PM
[quote]
I'm going to start calling you and Olivia, "Pinky and the Brain" =)
[/quote]

Wait. Which one am I? Hmm, we need an analogy that emcompasses you too. And Startyde. And the two AFKs. =)
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Jul 18 at 1:28 PM
I agree with kitten and the others, I've made so many new friends here! and none of them look at me funny when I start talking about cels. ^_^
Zag
Zag's Cels of Junk She Likes
Jul 18 at 1:43 PM
Welcome! Login or Register