Stuck Cels:How to unstick from sketches?

Hiya Bulma_gt,
The cool mist box is used for large amounts of stuck cels, Not a home done thing.
The box is a 2foot by 2foot by 3foot box that has mister heads installed and is full of racks to hold hundreds of cels.
The box mists the cels on the backs so the drawings can be taken off easy,one draw back is most of the time the mister puts to much water on the cels and messes up the drawings but it does remove them nicely.

The best way to remove the stuck drawings at home is to place them near a open window at night only and let the humid air help to release the hold on the paint the paper has.
Place the cel,Cel side down on a old t-shirt next to a window or place it on your porch or any covered area outside.NOTE:* Make sure it's not going to rain*.
Next try lifting the edges up a little bit each day and place a few pencils inbetween the drawing and cel as it comes off and replace it in the window at night only,never let the cel stay in the window during the daytime as the sun is to hot and will mess your cel up big time.
this can take a few nights and I have had some take up to two weeks to come off.
You can do the same thing in the bathroom as you take a shower the steamy air will help to unstick them, Be real careful in the bathroom and try your best not to splash any water on the drawing as this will make all the colored lines run and mess up your drawing up.
The humid or misty air way is good because it does not hurt the drawings at all and will not make the colors run or wrinkle the drawing paper.
The key here is to take your time and don't hurry.
I hope this helps you out some.
Roy
Edited Jun 15 at 10:08 PM
backlotanimation
Backlotanimation
Jun 15 at 9:59 PM
Absolutely wonderful advices, thank you!!

Giannina
bulma_gt
Bulma's Kingdom of Cels
Jun 15 at 10:43 PM
Perhaps we should add this as a sticky or at least some of Roy's suggestions to one of the FAQs?
momo
M O M O's cels
Jun 18 at 10:51 PM
Thank you! Wonderful advice!
paralys
the pad of lys
Dec 14 at 7:58 PM
Speaking with veteran collectors who've attempted the majority of these methods, I would not recommend any of the current suggestions unless you are willing to ruin your artwork, there are a few collectors who are experimenting in attempting to do so but nobody so far has been able to do this with guaranteed results, if you have I would be really interested in seeing a tutorial (video guide) in how to do so.
consumercollectibles
Majin Vegeta
Dec 30 at 10:46 AM
Welcome! Login or Register