Stuck Cels:How to unstick from sketches?

Yea, But I have the Tinker swiss knife, More stuff on it.
I like Mr. Wizard myself.

The condensation that forms after you remove it from the freezer can help a little but after a few hundred try's in the freezer I've found that if the drawing does not come off right away the condensation that forms will not help.
Your freezer is the dryest place in your house it's why your food gets freezer burnt, It's not burnt it's dryed out AKA freeze dryed.
The condensation is from the air in your house after you take it out of the freezer not in the freezer and if you have the AC running the air in your house is so dry that condensation will not even form on the cel.
Thats another thing if you guys run your AC all the time you need to once or twice a week take a 2 QT or for you metric folk 2 Liter cooking pot and boil about half of the water out into the air to put water in your air so your cels don't dry out and crack, You need about 20-40% humidity in your house to store cels so they don't dry out and crack the paint on them with the AC on it can take the humidity down to 2-5% not a good thing for storage of your art.

One easy way to tell is to go out to your outside AC unit look for the drip line and if you have water flowing out of the drip pipe you are ok if it only drips once in awhile or is not flowing or dry you do not have enough water in your house air for animation storage.
The water that comes out of this pipe is the water that comes from your air in your house most of this water comes from your breath when you exhale.

Roy
Edited Mar 15 at 2:06 PM
backlotanimation
Backlotanimation
Mar 12 at 12:22 PM
Just want to say thanks to Roy for the wonderful tips here ! I have never tried to separate my sketches because I was afraid to do too much damage and well, with his help, it clears out a lot of things ^_^ ! Thanks a lot !

[quote]Does Roy remind anyone else of MacGuyver? You know, like Richard Dean Anderson, prior to Stargate?[/quote]

You're so right ^_^, Roy has like every "home-made" solution ! But definitely mention before Stargate lol !
Angelic-Lair
Mar 19 at 12:23 PM
I don't know if this would work with Cel to Cel stickage or Cel to Sketch stickage, but when I have photographs that have managed to stick to one another, I just pry them apart gently with dental floss. I just stick the floss in one corner and work my way across to the other corner, gently pulling the thread back and forth. I don't have any cels to try this on with, but it's an idea nonetheless.

*If anyone does try this method, let us know!*
JuniorMintKiss
Junior's Cels
May 23 at 6:03 PM
Personally, since I live near the equator, I use a piece of advice that Roy gave last year on this topic: I leave them out overnight on the back porch because it's humid out here. The humidity slowly seeps into the sketch, and after a few nights (usually only one - I'm really not that patient), I can CAREFULLY peel the sketch from the paint.
Usually the sketches aren't that stuck, and it only takes one night. But sometimes, they are stuck solid, and after a couple of nights, I get impatient and kiss the sketch goodbye after I've gotten it from the fiddly bits of paint around the edges. ~_^

Roy, your knowledge continues to be invaluable!
Leah
Aernath's Heartthrobs
May 23 at 9:53 PM
Ehm I don't understand what is a cool mist box, and Im interested in separating the sketches from my cels... could somebody please explain me and also tell me how to do one?
bulma_gt
Bulma's Kingdom of Cels
Jun 15 at 10:48 AM
Welcome! Login or Register