ratings: new and improved

hello, Shadowcat here and I really like the new rating system and I for one have had my ratings go considerably up ^_^. I love it. For my gallery my ratings were sort of low in spots. Thanks once again everyone.

Sincerely Sheryl
Shadowcat
Shadowcat Mostly DBZ Gallery
Dec 04 at 12:55 PM
Happy to see the ratings on my gallery go up as well! Glad to be here!
KageNeko
KageNeko's Frozen seconds
Dec 04 at 10:05 PM
Well..I guess they work like a charm ^_^
I've seen galleries without cels receive ratings of almost perfect 10's ^_~
Wendy
Royal Crimson
Dec 11 at 7:21 AM
I don't see which one you're talking about. Feel free to point it out. I'm looking at the rankings right now and just about everything on that list seems like it has a legitimate reason to be there (especially your site, which I think is great). Sites with not that many ratings can't get onto the ranked list. However, if people legitimately rank a certain gallery high, maybe they have a lot of friends. It still looks pathetic when it's obviously not deserved.

Let's say a site owner, Jimbob, was trying to fool the system. To do this, Jimbob would have to create many, many, many fake accounts with matching e-mails. Jimbob would need to basically sit there for a few hours trying to pump up his rating. If two or three people come along and rate Jimbob's gallery realistically -- presuming that the only people who falsify their ratings have crappy galleries and are notoriously insecure -- then all of Jimbob's hard work is lost.

It would be far worse for Jimbob if he **did** make it onto the ranked list. If it's obvious to me Jimbob was trying to cheat (and I can tell... but I usually do nothing because it's so obvious and, quite frankly, hilarious) then that person just earned a life ban! I press one button and flush that person's hours of trying to weasel the system into the toilet.

If you can find a way to beat the system in less than, say, two hours in a way I might not be able to detect, post it here.
Edited Dec 11 at 10:00 AM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Dec 11 at 9:59 AM
Well, I'm happy to see my ratings go up, at any rate. Yay! ^_^

And honestly, I do think that it's, if not a contest, at least a good indicator of what you should do with your gallery. After all, if everyone hates your layout, it's probably time to get a new layout, right? ^_^
Weyrlady
Frozen Moments Cel Gallery
Dec 29 at 6:53 PM
Welcome! Login or Register