in the year 2014

I can see slowing down in collectioning (especially since there will no longer be anything other than CG show). However, the few cels that I will buy will probably be in the $$$ range as that is all that will be bought and sold unless a wave of nostalgia sweeps the neo-anime community like the comic book renaissance of the 80's.
rallihir
Rallihir's Cel Gallery
Aug 06 at 2:36 PM
That's true. The only collectors left would be people who are the equivalent of the minority of collectors we have on Rubberslug who only collect from 1990 and earlier. And that's if you're collecting Slayers, Escaflowne, Cowboby Bebop, etc. If you're collecting things that skew a few years older like Orange Road or Macross then your pickings would probably start getting few and far between.

And as a creepy side note, if Kyosuke and Madoka were real people, they'd be about 45. Similarly (for another show that came out around the same time), Yuusaku and Kyoko would be almost 60.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
Aug 06 at 6:30 PM
In 10 years I hope to have a pretty badass collection. I'll be all grown up and ought to have a job and such. I probably won't be actively collecting by then, but my collection ought to be pretty good.
Waffles
Daisuki Cels
Aug 06 at 7:48 PM
Welcome! Login or Register