Oversized Cels

Yes...PhotoStitch it is. Works very well as long as your scans are all at the same angle. I find it much easier to use than trying to get everything to line up in Photoshop - it blends the edges together so even if it isn't perfect, by the time you reduce the image size for posting, you can't tell where the scans meet.

If that Anna cel is larger in BOTH directions than your scanner bed, the best way to scan it is to scan up the right side, and join those images...then scan up the left side and join THOSE images...then you have two long strips, one each of the full left and right sides, then join those together. If its just too big in one direction, its much easier - you just have one set of scans to join. But with PhotoStitch, you can do it pretty easily - for example, that Dual! hanken is actually six scans - three along the top and three along the bottom. Can you tell? ;)
Edited Jun 25 at 4:58 PM
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
Jun 25 at 4:56 PM
I just keep my oversized cels on the bottom of my cel drawer. It's probably not a great way to store them, but that's how I keep them. It's odd that I always have a drawer just for cels...
Waffles
Daisuki Cels
Jun 25 at 5:36 PM
Gabriel,

PhotoStitch worked great! Thanks for the tip! I need to remember this magic tool next time I have a huge cel to scan...

BTW, If you didn't tell me that yout Dual! hanken wasn't a single piece, I wouldn't have been the wiser...
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Jun 26 at 12:45 AM
ill have to try that program my self to . just got a cannon 4 mega pixle cammera. otherwise i use photoshop.and i have some huge pans and book cels to.as to storing emm , i use a file cabinet , use the regular slide in folders for the standard cels and for now i just carefully lay the big pans in a seperats drawer with cardboard inbetween them to protech them .
i also use a moisture removers sela packs , just to keep any stray moisture out to
I'm sorry that I never responded back here until now, but as I suggested earlier on my links page their was help for your first question...

"How to store large cels?"

If you are still concerned about how to store your large cels this link "might help". Please bear in mind that stacking too many cels on top of one another, if you have that many, will not be healthy for your cels.

http://www.iconusa2.com/online/PreserBox.htm

good
luck!
Edited Jul 27 at 10:48 PM
E
Jul 27 at 10:47 PM
Welcome! Login or Register