Oversized Cels

Ok, I looked around a bit, but couldn't really find an answer to the 3 questions I have concerning oversized cels:

1) What is the best way to store larger cels?

2) What is the best way to scan cels too big to fit on my scanner?

3) What is the largest an oversized cel will get?

I'm currently storing my cels in nice 11"X14" Itoya portfolios, but I got in several cels that are either too long, or too tall to fit in these books.

I was thinking of framing the oversized Zeiram cel I have, but due to the Battle Athletes cels I got in tonight, I now have several more. I really don't see it worth the money to frame them all.

Right now, the largest cel I have is 17" x 13". I know that Itoya makes larger portfolios, but I don't want to have to keep buying larger and larger books if I happen to come across another large cel...
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Jun 25 at 1:42 AM
They make an 18x24 Itoya portfolio ;)

As for scanning large cels, you just have to scan them in chunks, and use an image manipulation program like Photoshop to merge the images. Myself, I use a little utility that came with a Canon digital camera that is supposed to be for joining pictures into a panorama...but I find it works remarkably well for cels. People often can't see where the scans are joined on anything I have posted in the past year or so.

As for largest...I believe my largest scanned cel is 15.8" wide x 20.9" high....tho I have a few pans that are larger than this one in either length or width, but not both at once.
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
Jun 25 at 2:33 AM
Or you could go to this "fabulous place" (gag's) and look around a bit:

http://e.rubberslug.com/gallery/links.asp

~E
E
Jun 25 at 4:35 AM
Gabriel,

Are you using Photo Stitch? I got a copy of the software with my Powershot G2, but have never used it. I think may have to play around with it and see if I can get my huge cel of Anna scanned in...
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Jun 25 at 4:18 PM
E,

I looked around at your excellent links before I posted here. I didn't quite see what I was looking for there. I try to read through the old stuff before I post a question so we don't have a lot of repeated questions...
cyphr99
Cyphr's Cels
Jun 25 at 4:19 PM
Welcome! Login or Register