the path to enlightenment

"Hey, we should make one of those silly "here's what I actually look like" threads"

Great idea, I'm quite curious, too. Perhaps there could even be a singles photo section, kind of a RS dating service....;)
felicity-chan
Felicity-chan's Oasis
May 29 at 10:14 AM
OK for a limited time only go to the feedback page and get a visual on an evening in Dublin. I'm raising a glass to the fortunes of the winged serpent with my trusty cel buying side kick, Medium Rare!
Sl?inte!

(no can can't find a more recent photo that isn't cosplay!)
Foechadan
Nearachd Nathair Sgiathach
May 29 at 12:09 PM
[quote]kind of a RS dating service....;)
[/quote]

Hmm. Considering. No. Girls have cooties.

Har har. I just had a great idea. I can add a fourth catagory under the ratings marked simply, "Are You Hot?"

I've got a fair idea what your average cel collector looks like from meeting a few in real life. Not terribly freaky in the uncomfortable "boy-I-hope-no-one-figures-out-we're-into-the-same-things" kinda way which is a good thing. Not very crazy. Surprisingly chill. Typically starts around around early 20s and sort of tapers off at around mid-30s, after that most people have decided that they are lifetime fans so the number of people in every age group seems pretty constant. A surprising number of folks who are married with children. About a quarter of you live in California.

What I've never figured out, and maybe what someone can answer for me, "Why so many girls?" It seems there's almost a majority of girls in this weird subculture (cel collecting) of a weird subgenre that's typically male-saturated (anime). My feeble mind cannot comprehend this delightfully bizarre paradox.

[quote]Sl?inte![/quote]

Ke? That animal decides what cels to buy? I suppose my small contingent of Snoopy plushes decide by commitee how I purchase things. It's never good when Snowman Snoopy argues with Kimono Snoopy, because as you should probably guess, Kimono Snoopy purchsed at in Harajuku/Tokyo always claims to be the expert.

I'm really the tough guy on the left on my about page.

http://plastic.rubberslug.com/gallery/about.asp

It's
good to see the lobster machine can still hold its own. Man, that joke is never gonna die.
Edited May 29 at 1:09 PM
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 29 at 12:51 PM
"Hmm. Considering. No. Girls have cooties."

*nods solemly and slips a few cans of cootie spray into the lobster machine*

Are you hot, great catagory idea! Kind of a forum reality show. Imagine the drama...

Since you and Foechadan were generous enough to share photos, here's mine:

http://www.itickets.com/artists/5386.html

I'm
the one spreading cooties in the lower left corner:)

*giggles* And if anyone wants to buy tickets for the show: http://www.itickets.com/events/72760.html.
Edited May 29 at 8:56 PM
felicity-chan
Felicity-chan's Oasis
May 29 at 8:56 PM
Wait... you didn't take me seriously I hope? I am not the grumpy old guy with a ray gun on my about page. I guess it's that "on the Internet no one knows you're a dog" thing, but I assure you, I am your average 98-pound weakling behind a computer.

This is why I cackle like a madman* when grown men carry on Important Sounding Conversations via e-mail with me. I've fooled them all with my Internet Tough Guy act!

* Again, I'm kidding.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 29 at 11:10 PM
Welcome! Login or Register