Ratings: Six Months Later

^
Ah Katie, that's why I luv ya kid :)
Startyde
The Startyde
May 09 at 7:01 PM
Displaying names wouldn't really get us anything more than lots of fake accounts. It's a little too easy right now to create accounts without any checks. You'll get a lot of "all ones" ratings from people named awleiufh and wqpoeufh.

jn
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 10 at 2:31 AM
I have enjoyed the ratings system, it has help me see other owners collection of series I would not normally look at. The suggestion of having the galleries we rate "roll over after 6 months" is also great. I must admit that once I rate a gallery I don't re-rate it (unless it's a gallery I visit often). I try to be fair to the galleries I rate, but for some it is tough with the system of questions listed. Here are the ideas I use to rate galleries:
Presentation - Gallery design, color selection, and ability to navigate gallery. I'm ok with the first two questions and understand the "ability to navigate gallery" as how many pages/cels a series has per list. I'm sure other collectors view this one differently.
Collection - Diversity, depth, and curator knowledge of his or her collection. This is a tough one, like lavainia I give more points to collectors who post info on the cel, series, cel# or why they like the cel/sketch. For those who are newbies I try to cut some slack. But for others, come on, most cels have the # on them and how hard is it to list that info at least.
The Overall is self-explanatory. I tend to give a little more to collectors who have an about page and links page.
If others have different ideas I'd love to hear what they are so I can do a better job at rating.

As for the links to Rubberslug galleries, I just made my own and posted it in the working links page. I keep adding to it ever so often.

Finally, as for the ratings my gallery has received, I like the feedback it gives but take it with a grain of salt. I've had fun designing my gallery for ME and if others happen to like it great! I do find it interesting with all the members we have here that my gallery has up 'till now only had 17 people rate it. Anyway, I look forward to any changes made to the system. Thanks Jason this was an interesting question!
monkeyboy
May 10 at 2:38 PM
Looking at some solutions for the ratings and breaking out some old textbooks. Found this a while back but never thought to use publicity as a weapon before:

http://www.rubberslug.com/rating.gif

And
this is only the most obvious one. There's a bunch of other people who were trying to sneak by, but rest assured that with only about 5000 ratings in the system, it's painfully easy to spot people who try to fudge the system.

Really. No prizes. Ever. Not making that up.

The funniest part was when I tried to run standard deviations on the ratings, and this gallery was so far outside the bell curve that the numbers ended up being something like 10.5 or 10.6. Yipes.
noisywalrus
Plastic Future
May 17 at 5:30 PM
No prizes?

I thought I could win a free play on a lobster machine. My big chance at lobster glory!

You have crushed my dreams.
Gabriel
Gabriel's cels
May 17 at 6:27 PM
Welcome! Login or Register